The Karnataka Government has been launching various scholarship schemes to assist students. In this way, the Vidyasiri Scholarship scheme 2022 has been started in the state. Today here in this article, we will provide you with all information related to Vidyasiri Scholarship 2022, how to apply for Vidyasiri Scholarship Scheme, its Eligibility Criteria, Rewards, Step by step procedure to complete the Vidyasiri Scholarship Application Procedure online. We request you to read this article till end, so that you won’t miss anything.
Overview of Vidyasiri Scholarship
|Scheme Name||Vidyasiri Scholarship 2022|
|Started by||Karnataka Government|
|Objective||To Provide scholarship|
|Beneficiaries||Students in the state|
|Category||Karnataka Govt Scheme|
Karnataka Vidyasiri Objective 2022
The Karnataka Government has started this new scholarship named Vidyasiri to assist student who are willing to continue their education by providing financial assistance. This scholarship is given by the Department of Backward Classes Welfare Government of Karnataka.
Students who belong to the backward categories will be able to apply for the Vidyasiri Scholarship scheme and get benefited. The Online application form submission has already been started for the Vidyasiri Scholarship scheme. If you are a permanent resident of Karnataka state, you are eligible to apply for this scheme.
Vidyasiri Scheme Last Date Extended
According to the recent information announced by the concerned authority for the vidyasiri scholarship scheme, the last date to apply for the vidyasiri scholarship scheme has been extended till 31st January 2022, which was earlier said 13th November 2021.
An official statement released by the authority on 13th December 2021 related to vidyasiri program that financial assistance will e provided to all eligible students in the Karnataka state. Interested candidate will now be able to apply for this scholarship by following the steps given in this article.
Vidyasiri Scholarship Important Dates
- The Vidyasiri Scholarship application submission has already been started online.
- Applicant has to apply for this scholarship before 31st January 2022.
Eligibility Criteria of Vidyasiri Scholarship
You have to fulfill these Eligibility Criteria to apply for the Vidyasiri Scholarship
- Candidate must belong to Karnataka state.
- Student applying for this scholarship must have done studies at least 7 years in Karnataka state.
- The Applicant must belong to backward class category and must submit the valid caste certificate as proof.
- By 2019, the candidate should have completed their graduate/ postgraduate/ professional/ professional postgraduate degree.
- He/ she should be from reserved class like SC/ ST/ OBC/ EBC.
- Candidate applying for this scholarship must have secured atleast 90% marks in the last qualifying examination in any government recognized board.
- Student must have got 75% attendance in their collage to get the benefit of this scholarship.
- Aadhar card and bank account of the candidate must be linked in order to get the scholarship amount.
- Applicant’s family income should be below INR 2,50,000 from all sources under the Prakash scheme (SC/ ST).
- Those candidate under the 2A, 3A, and 3B schemes (OBC/ EBC) should be below INR 1,00,000 from all sources.
Vidyasiri Scholarship Amount
Now lets see the scholarship amount given under Vidyasiri Scholarship
- Students under SSLC category gets 1000 scholarships.
- Students under Class 12 category gets 500 scholarships.
- 500 scholarships will be given separately for the students who are doing Graduation/ Postgraduation (General courses).
- Also, 500 scholarships are offered to those who are pursuing Professional graduate degrees/ Professional postgraduate degrees (Technical, Medical, and other related science).
- An amount of INR 10,100 will be provided to SSLC candidates.
- An amount of INR 15,000 will be provided to SSLC candidates.
- Students who are doing graduation degrees gets INR 20,000 as scholarship.
- The candidate who are pursuing postgraduation course gets INR 25,000 as scholarship amount.
- Pratibha Puraskar Scholarship scheme transfers the scholarship amount to the bank account of the selected candidate directly.
Necessary Documents for Vidyasiri Scholarship
You need to have the following documents listed below to apply for the Vidyasiri Scholarship
- Aadhaar Card or EID Number
- Income Certificate
- SSLC Hall Ticket Number
- Caste Certificate provided by Tahsildar or Sub Tahsildar
- Scan copy of bank passbook linked with Aadhar.
- School and College issued Transfer certificate (TC)
- Passport size color photograph
Procedure for Vidyasiri Scholarship Application
Follow these steps give below to complete Vidyasiri Scholarship Application Procedure
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of Vidyasiri Scholarship Scheme at https://bcwd.karnataka.gov.in/english
- Once the home page of thew website open, scroll down and click on “Scholarships” under Services and schemes.
- From the dropdown list that opens, click on any scholarship according to your preference.
- After this, click on “Apply Online” option.
- Now, the SSP Scholarship Portal opens in front of you.
- If you are not a registered user, register on the portal or enter the credentials and login.
- After this, choose “Vidyasiri scholarship” from the list of scholarship appears on your screen.
- Now, the application form opens where you have to enter all information in the application form
- Next, upload all the documents asked accordingly.
- Once you are done, then verify all the details and submit the form by clicking on “Submit“
- You have to print this application form and send it to your concerned district officer.
- In this way, you will complete Vidyasiri Scholarship Application Procedure.
How to check Vidyasiri Scholarship Application Status?
Follow these steps given below to check your Vidyasiri Scholarship Application Status online.
- First, go to Vidyasiri Scholarship official website by clicking here.
- Once you see the home page, click on “Student Service” option.
- After this, you will see a drop-down menu where you have to click on the option “Application Status“
- Now, a new page opens in front of you.
- In this page, enter all the information asked and then solve the captcha code.
- After this, click on “Get Status” option.
- You will then see the application status in your screen.
How to Print Application / Acknowledgement Form?
Follow these step by step procedure to print application / acknowledgement Form
- First, you have to visit the official Website of BCWD Karnataka.
- Once the home page, select the option “Student Services“.
- After this, select “Know Your Application Number” option
- Now, you will see Print Application / Acknowledgement form in front of you.
- You have to fill in all information asked in this application form.
- Once you are done, click on “Get Scholarship Details” option.
If you want to view the report, you have to follow the below steps.
- First, you have to go to BCWD Karnataka official website.
- Once you see the home page, click on “Report” option
- After this, a new page opens where you have to click “Total applied form PMS Online” option.
- Now, click on “Get Report” and you will see report on your screen.
Procedure to Submit Grievance
If you want to submit Grievance for the Vidyasiri Scholarship, you have to follow the below steps.
- First of all, go to Vidyasiri Scholarship official website, after which the home page will open.
- On the home page, click on “Grievance” option.
- After this, a new page will open named IGPRS Karnataka.
- Here, you have to click “Login” button.
- Now, a pop up window opens, here fill in your login details if you are already registered.
- Incase you have not registered already, click on “New User Registration” option.
- After registration, login with your credentials and then submit your grievance there.
Vidyasiri Scholarship Helpline
On our website, we have provided all the information related to Vidyasiri Scholarship Scheme, even then if you have any queries, you can reach out to the details given below
Address: Karnataka Backward Classes Welfare Department No.16/D, 3rd Floor, Devraj Urs Bhavan, Millers Tank Bed Road, Vasanth Nagar, Bangalore – 560052.
Prathibha, IAS/KAS Online Phone Number: 8050770004
Email ID: [email protected]