TN Smart Ration Card TNPDS | TNPDS Smart Ration Card Application Form | Smart Ration Card Status | TNPDS Smart Ration Card Apply Online
We all aware that the Government of Tamil Nadu has begun digitizing ration card in the state. The application of the TNPDS Ration Card can be submitted online and the distribution of these smart ration card is also done through online mode. Here in this article we will provide you information about Smart Ration Card Tamil Nadu, TNPDS Smart Ration Card Application Form, TN Smart Ration Card, Status, TNPDS Smart Ration Card Apply Online and step by step process on how you can apply online for the TNPDS Smart Ration Card. Also with this we also share step by step process through which you can check the status of your smart Ration card online.
Table of Contents
TNPDS TN Smart Ration
Through the Public Distribution System Portal (TNPDS), the online application for TNPDS TN Smart Ration Card has been putted out. In this article, we will discuss all the specifications of the digital ration card launched by the Tamil Nadu Government
With the help of the TNPDS portal, a person can apply for a TNPDS Ration Card by sitting at home without visiting a government office like before. The application links will be provided in this article.
The renovation of new ration cards from the old ration cards is being worked out in the state which ensures transparency in the allocation of the ration card. Under PDS system, the state government provides TNPDS smart cards to the people.
Benefits of Ration Cards during COVID-19 Pandemic
The Government of Tamil Nadu has taken many steps during a coronavirus pandemic in the state aiming to benefit the poor families. Ration cardholders get the free ration through PDS shops. The state government has arranged PDS shops to benefit the poor during this pandemic situation. Essential things like rice, pulses (dhal), cooking oil & sugar, which was provided at a subsidized price made free to the people. Also with this an amount of Rs. 1000/ has been deposited to all the rice card holder in the state.
TN Smart Ration Card Ration Card Types
Under TNPDS system, currently there are four ration cards provided for the residents of Tamil Nadu based on the economic status and category of the families. They are as follows
- Light green card
- White card
- Khaki cards
- No commodity card
Light green ration card
- The light green card is provided to the people for rice and other items from the state fair price shop.
White ration card
- White card (white card) is issued for the people to provide 3 kg sugar in excess of the prescribed quota
Khaki ration cards
- Khaki ration cards are issued specially for the police personnel up to the rank of inspector or inspectors in the police.
No commodity card
No commodity card is issued to the people who are entitled not to take any commodity from ration shops
Details of TNPDS TN Public Distribution System Portal
|PDS System Name
|TNPDS Smart Ration Card
|Public Distribution System
|People of Tamil Nadu
|Digitization of Ration Cards
|Tamil Nadu Govt. Scheme
Important Links for TNPDS Ration Card Tamil Nadu
|TN Smart Ration Card Online Registration
|TN Smart Ration card status
|Corrections of Details (Name, Age, etc.,) in smart ration card
|Status of Request
|Add Member in card
|Change Sugar Card to Rice Card
|Change of Address in card
|Family Head Member Change
|Remove Family Member from the ration card
|Card Surrender / Cancellation for ration card
|Card Related Service Request Status
Objective of TN Smart Ration Card
With introduction of TN Smart Ration Card by the Tamil Nadu Government, the following benefits can be provided
- The cost of paper gets reduced as all the process will be made available online.
- Distribution and Printing costs of ration cards will be considerably reduced.
- TN Smart Ration Card ensures transparency
- Both time and money will be saved for the residents of Tamil Nadu as TN Smart Ration Card can be applied online.
- The resident information kept secure this prevents the implementation of fraudulent practices.
For applying digital ration card on the Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System portal, you need to have the following documents
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card
- Bank passbook
- Caste / Category certificate
- Electricity bill
- Passport Photography Pass
- Income certificate
TNPDS Smart Ration Card Application Online Steps
You have to follow the steps given below, if you want to apply online for the TNPDS Smart Ration Card
- Citizen has to first go to the official website of TNPDS.
- Once the home page opens, click on the option “Smart Ration Card Application”
- Register yourself on the TNPDS portal by clicking “Register Yourself” option
- After registering, enter login ID and password by logging in to the website.
- Now, an application form opens on your screen. Here in this form, enter all the information.
- Also upload all the necessary documents in this form.
- Enter family member details, gas connection details, and other information.
- Click “Submit” button after entering all uploading all the documents. You will get a registration number which will be used later.
TNPDS Smart Ration Card Application Offline Steps at fair price shop
If you are unable to apply online for the TNPDS Smart Ration Card, an offline application procedure is available for you, for this you have to visit the government fair rate shop.
- Go to the nearest State Fair Price Shop / FPS Shop first.
- Get an application from the Fair Price Shop or else you can download this application online.
- Fill all the information asked in the form and attach all the important documents.
- After filling all the information submit the application form to the concerned department.
- After this, a reference number will be given to you with which you can check the status of the TNPDS Smart Ration Card Application
- Keep this reference number safe which will be used for future use.
TN Smart Ration Card Mobile App Download Steps
All these procedure given above can also be done with the help of TN Smart Ration Card Mobile App. For this you have to download and install TNPDS Mobile App. Follow these steps to download and install the app on your mobile phone.
- Open Google Play Store on your mobile phone.
- In the search bar, type TNPDS and click enter
- A list of results will be shown to you, Click the first result and install the app.
Also you can download the TN Smart Ration Card Mobile App by simply clicking on the link given below
Procedure to Check TNPDS Smart Ration Card Status Online
If you have applied for the Tamil Nadu Smart Ration Card application, then check the status of your submitted application by following the steps below
- First, Go to the official website of TNPDS. The website home page opens now.
- Click the option “Status of Electronic Card Application” available on the home page of the website.
- After this, a new page opens on your screen, in this page you have to provide your registration number and click “Submit / Record” button.
- Now, the status of your TNPDS Smart Ration Card application appears on the screen.
Steps to file Complaint on the TNPDS Portal
If you want to file any complaint on the Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System portal online, you will have to follow these simple steps given below.
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of TNPDS.
- Once the home page of the website opens, Click “Register Complaint” option.
- Now, a new page opens on your screen, in this page you have to enter the following details
- Mobile no.
- Description of the complaint
- After you fill all the details correctly, click “Submit” button to finish the process
- The online complaint filing on the public distribution system portal will be completed in this way.
Public Distribution System (TNPDS) SMS Service
For the benefit of people in the state, SMS service is provided for three services through Public Distribution System (TNPDS). The availability of food items and the status of the ration shop (open/closed) can be viewed through SMS on your mobile phone. Also with this you can also file a billing-related complaint. The codes to avail SMS Service from your mobile phone are as follows
- PDS <space> 102- availability of commodity at the ration shop
- Enter PDS <space> 101- status of ration shop (open/close)
- PDS <space> 101- complaints about billing
Steps to Reprint TN Smart Ration Card Status
- If you want to reprint smart card status, first visit the official website.
- Once the home page opens, click “reprint smart card status” option available on the left side of the home page.
- Now a new page opens on your screen, in this page you have to provide your registered mobile number.
- After providing your mobile number, solve the captcha code and click “Submit” button.
- Now the status of the smart card will be displayed on your screen, which you can print it by clicking “Print” option.
Procedure to Make Changes In Your Ration Card
- If you want to make any changes in the ration card, you have to visit the official website first.
- Select the option which you want to change from the option provided on that page.
- After selecting an option, provide your mobile number and captcha code in the given location.
- Modify the details that you need to and as per the requirement upload the supporting documents.
- Check all the entered information once and click “Submit” button to complete the process
Check Status of Card Related Service Request
- For checking the service request status related to the ration card, you have to go to the official website.
- Click “Card related Service Request Status“ option available on the home page of the website.
- Enter the reference number in the space provided and click submit button.
- The status of Card Related Service Request will be displayed on your screen.
Procedure to Apply for Duplicate Electronic Family Card
- If you want to apply for a Duplicate Electronic Family Card, you have to visit the official website.
- Click “Apply for Duplicate Electronic Family Card” option available in the menu on the home page.
- A new page opens after this, on this page you have to enter your registered mobile number and solve the captcha code.
- After this click “Login” button after which a new page opens on your screen.
- On this page, enter all the required details and upload the documents accordingly.
- Once you complete filling all the details, click “Submit” button to complete the process.
- In this way you can apply for the duplicate electronic family card.
TN Smart Ration Card – Helpline Number
If you face any issues while perfoming any of procedure given here in this article, then you can reach out to the given helpline number to seek help.
Helpline Number- 1967 or 18004255901
Email ID- [email protected]
We hope, you are provided with all the information related to TNPDS TN Smart Ration Card. If you find this article beneficial then show your support by bookmarking our website. Also post your queries related to TNPDS TN Smart Ration Card in the comment.
How many types of TNPDS ration cards are provided by the Government of Tamil Nadu?
Currently, under TNPDS the Tamil Nadu government provides four types of ration cards
Who are eligible for TNPDS SMS services?
TNPDS SMS services under ration card is available only for the registered person
What to do if Mobile is not linked to the TNPDS Ration Card?
Contact the help desk on 1967 / 1800-425-5901, if you want to link your Mobile with the TNPDS Ration Card