For a government, the treasury sector is one of the most important sector. All funds are accounted for in the treasury. Central as well as state government will rely on the treasury to pay employees, fund projects, and all other development occurring across the country. Any discrepancy happens in this department will affect the whole state. In order to ensure accountability and the transparency, the Government of Karnataka has implemented online services for treasury matters named Khajane 2 Portal.
Today here in this article, we will provide you all the information related to K2 Challan Generation Khajane 2, Khajane 2 (treasury) Challan generate Remittances of G.I.S /K.G.I.D 2022, Khajane 2 Login at https://k2.karnataka.gov.in/K2/. So read this article from beginning to end.
Table of Contents
Details of Khajane 2 Login Portal
|Name of the Portal
|Government of Karnataka
|To keep all records on every monetary detail
|Karnataka Govt Scheme
As you all aware that government is developing various portal to keep proper records digitally. Similarly, for handling treasury bills, the karnataka government has started K2 Challan Generation Portal at k2.karnataka.gov.in/K2/ using which all funds can be traced and directed to the right projects. The Khajane 2 is a new online treasury system portal or online treasury system started by the government which has all Karnataka treasury details as Khajane system for proper recording.
Karnataka K2 Khajane Portal
- In these time, there is a requirement in digital platform across the government to keep all the records properly. All funds must be traced and directed to the right projects with the hep of Khajane system
- The new k2 Khajane system has interlinked 216 treasuries of Karnataka state under one single portal. The treasuries share the single server as the secretariat office of the state. This will help in maintaining all the records on every monetary detail.
- The new Khajane system has connected 216 treasuries of Karnataka state in one single portal. The treasuries share the same server as the secretariat office of the state. These will help in updating the keeping records on every monetary detail.
K2 Challan Generation
The Khajane 2 website was developed in order to combine all the treasury information. This portal is fast to access and retrieve information. The system playa an important role as it aid the government of Namma Khajane to get all account details and transactions.
The new Khajane system encourage discipline in the treasury sector thereby reducing the corruption. There is a reduction in corruption, lack of accountability and information duplication in the government. The system aso has all the details about pensioner’s payment from the treasury.
Functions of Namma Khajane 2 Portal
K2 is an exclusive software created by the CMS, which is a Company concerning TATA industries. The Karnataka treasury controls and maintains accounts for the state government. Also the Khajane 2 Portal handles all the payments done on behalf of the Government of Karnataka.
The system has the receipts, stamps, pension details, and deposits. The K2 system also offers for the following functions:
- House maintenance.
- Stamps and strong room.
- Social security pensions
How to generate challan on the Khajane 2 Portal?
- The Department users such as DDO and caseworkers or citizen will be able to visit the Khajane -2 website by clicking this link https://k2.karnataka.gov.in
- The portal redirected you to the citizen page.
- Here in this page, You have to click on the generate Challan link tab, after which the Challan generation form will open the screen
Here in this for, fill all the mandatory details like
- First and last name
- Fill in the department and DDO information such as
For the category section, select “government” from the menu.
Choose your district from the menu.
Hit the Karnataka Government insurance department KGID.
- DDO office
- DDO code.
For the remittance towards the Employees group insurance scheme EGIS. Key in the following information on the portal.
Select the option employee’s group insurance scheme.
- Sub purpose
If the remittance is towards the KGID insurance premium, enter the following section’s details.
- Purpose: KGID
- Enter the same details if the remittance is for family benefit funds of Karnataka government employees or municipal.
- Once you have entered the remittance details, check all the details again and choose the payment mode.
- The portal allows you to pay as Cash, Cheque, draft, or e-payment.
- After you payment is successful, the system will generate a reference number.
K2 website portal – FAQs
What is the use of the K2 website portal started by the Karnataka Government?
The Khajane -2 portal has been developed to help manage the treasury details of Karnataka state.
What type of details can be found on the K2 portal?
Users will be able to avail information regarding receipts, stamps, pension details, and deposits. The K2 website portal also contains information on payments, pension, housekeeping, stamp, strong room, etc.