In India, with the help of scholarships, many students are getting financial assistance for their studies. Poor students couldn’t afford for their education and discontinue their studies. To help these students, the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship has been started by the West Bengal Government. Today here in this article, we will provide information on how to apply for West Bengal WB Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme online in a step by step manner. Also, we will be sharing you the eligibility criteria of WB Swami Vivekananda Scholarship, Its incentives, Renewal procedure. So read this article till end.
Overview of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
|Scholarship Name||Swami Vivekananda Scholarship|
|Started by||Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Trust, West Bengal|
|Beneficiaries||Students of West Bengal|
|Objective||To Provide scholarships|
|Category||West Bengal Govt Scheme|
WB Vivekananda Scheme 2022
The Government of West Bengal started the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship in the state to benefit students who cannot afford their fees. This scholarship is offered to the students who are doing under graduation, post-graduation and other those who are in their Class 9th to Class 12th. The Government took this initiative in order to reduce the financial burden of the students and to promote education in the state. Also this scheme will improve the literacy state in West Bengal.
West Bengal Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Objective
The ultimate objective of starting this scheme in the state is to give financial assistance to the students who comes under below poverty level. Now with the launch of West Bengal Swami Vivekananda Scholarship, those who are not able to afford money for their education will be able to purse their desired studies with the amount that is given by the government. This scheme will improve WB literacy rate and creates employment opportunities.
All families who comes under economically backward category can avail the benefits of the West bengal Swami Vivekananda scholarship scheme.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Revised Eligibility Criteria
You all are aware that the WB Government has started the Swami Vivekananda scholarship scheme to benefits the students who are unable to continue their education due to financial condition. From this scheme, the government will provide financial assistance for the students who belong to economically backward category.
In West Bengal state, those students who secured more than 60% of marks in the state board examination will get benefited by this scheme. Earlier the eligibility criteria to avail the Swami Vivekananda scholarship scheme was set as 75%. Now, the WB Chief Minister has revised the eligibility criteria for the West Bengal Swami Vivekananda Scheme.
With this revised criteria, the student who have got 60% marks in their board exams are eligible to apply for this scheme. The Chief Minister has recently felicitated at least 1700 Student Of secondary And higher secondary And Madarsa examination thereby the students will be benefited with laptops.
Also during that ceremony, all students were provided with book written by some of the famous authors in the state. Also, to avail this benefits, the family income is fixed at Rs 250000 per annum.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Benefits And Features
Some of the benefits and features of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship scheme are as follows
- Under this scheme, you will provided scholarship amount to continue your studies.
- Those people who comes under economically weaker section will be able to avail benefit of this scheme
- People who are doing under graduation, post graduation and class 9th to 12th can avail the benefit of this scheme
- This scheme will improve the literacy rate in the state.
- The Swami Vivekananda Scholarship ensures quality education for the students in West Bengal.
- By implementing this scheme, the financial burden faced by the poor families will be reduced.
- This scheme will create employment for educated candidates.
Specific Eligibility Criteria
Here is the eligibility criteria that has been set by the authorities for the Swami Vivekananda Scheme under different type of scholarship.
|Higher secondary level||The student must qualify in the Madhyamilk pariksha or the equivalent examination||75%|
|Diploma Students||Applicant has to qualify in the Madhyamilk pariksha for 1st-year diploma courses or the must pass diploma 2nd year||75%|
|Undergraduates||Student should qualify in the higher secondary level exam or equivalent exams to it||75% (Best out of five)|
|Postgraduates||Honor subjects at the graduation level, Honor subjects in the Engineering subjects at the graduation level||53%, 55%|
|Kanyashree Applicants(K-3 Component)||The candidate must hold a valid receipt from authorized k-2 ID Applicant should be doing PG in science, arts and commerce||45%|
|M.Phil/NET research Students||The students who have applied for M.Phil or Ph.D. program at a state-aided institute are eligible||Not Applicable|
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Amount
Here are the Scholarship amount that has been set by the authorities under different type of courses.
|Category||Level of study||Scholarship Amount|
|Directorate of School Education (DSE)||Higher secondary||Rs. 1000 per month|
|Directorate of Madrasah Education (DME)||High Madrasah||Rs. 1000 per month|
|Directorate of public instruction (DPI)||Undergraduates in Arts Undergraduates in commerce Undergraduates in science Undergraduates in other professional courses postgraduates in Arts postgraduates in commerce postgraduates in Science postgraduates in other professional courses NON-NET M.Phil/ Ph.D||Rs. 1000 per month Rs. 1000 per month Rs. 1500 per month Rs. 1500 per month Rs. 2000 per month Rs. 2000 per month Rs. 2500 per month Rs. 2500 per month Rs. 5000 – Rs.8000 per month|
|Technical education at college or university level||Undergraduate or postgraduates in Engineering or other professional courses||Rs. 5000 per month|
|Directorate of Technical Education and Training||Undergraduate||Rs. 1500 per month|
|Directorate of medical education||Undergraduate in Medical stream/ Diploma courses||Rs. 5000 or Rs. 1500 per month respectively|
The following are the Necessary Documents that is need for applying for the Swami Vivekananda scholarship
- Address proof
- Income certificate
- Passport size photo
- Domicile certificate
- Ration card/voter card
- Higher secondary education reports
- The first page of Bank passbook
How to apply for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
Follow these step by step procedure below to apply for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
- First of all, go the official website of the Swami Vivekananda.
- Once you see the home page, click on the “Registration” option.
- After this, click on “Proceed for Registration“
- Now, the Registration form will open in front of you.
- In this form, enter all the details with your mobile number and email.
- Once it is done, an applicant ID of 15 digits will be generated after registration.
- You have to login with this generated Applicant ID and Password.
- After this, solve the captcha code and fill the rest of the application forms.
- Upload all the scanned copies of the Image and Signature in the following sizes
- Image & Signature Format- JPG/JPEG
- Size of Image & Signature – 10KB-20KB
- Once all the above steps are completed, click on the “Submit Application” button.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Selection Procedure
The following are the selection procedure for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
- First of all, the online applications will be sorted.
- The sorting will be done from descending order according to the marks secured and the income criteria of the student.
- The merit list will be done based on the availability of all documents submitted by the candidates
- In the end, the scholarship will be deposited in their respective accounts.
Swami Vivekananda scholarship Renewal Procedure
In order to renew your Swami Vivekananda scholarship, you have follow these steps given below
- First of all, go to the official website of Swami Vivekananda Scheme.
- Once the home page opens, click on “Login” button
- After logging in successfully, you will be able to apply for your preferred scholarship.
- Ensure you apply for the scholarship before the start of the new academic session.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Applicant Login
- First of all, go to the official website of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme.
- Once the home page opens, on the menu bar, you will see “Applicant Login” Option.
- You have to click on it and fill in information like Applicant ID and Password.
- Now, fill all the details asked and then click on the “Submit” button.
- In this way, you will login to the West Bengal Swami Vivekananda portal.
How to view Important Downloads for Swami Vivekananda scholarship?
- First, visit the West Bengal Swami Vivekananda Scheme web portal.
- Once you see the home page of the website, click on “Download” button.
- After this, you will see the following options on your screen.
- Income certificate
- User Manual
- User Manual For Non-NET
- From the above options click any of those according to your preference
- After this, a PDF will open which you can download by clicking on the “Download” button.
- In this way, you will download all the important downloads.
Procedure to see Contact Details
- First, visit the official website of Swami Vivekananda scholarship,
- Once the home page appears, click on “Contacts” option.
- After this, a new page will open front of you.
- In this page, you will see the contact details.
Swami Vivekananda Grievance registration Procedure
- First, visit the Swami Vivekananda scheme official website.
- Once home page opens, click on “Grievance registration” option
- Now, the Grievance registration will open where you have to choose the option according to your registration status which is as follows
- Registered applicant
- Not registered applicant
- From the above option, choose one option according to your preference
- Incase you have selected not registered applicant, then you need to make guest registration and then login
- After this, you need to Login to the portal by filling your login credentials
- Now, after logging in, fill the grievance form
- In the end, click on the “Submit” button.
- In this way, you will do the applicant grievance submission.
How to do Institute Grievance Submission?
In order to do the Institute Grievance Submission, you have to follow these below steps
- First of all, visit the Swami Vivekananda scholarship official website by clicking here.
- Once you see the home page of the website, click on the “Grievance registration“
- After this, a new page opens on your screen.
- On this new page, you have to select any one of the option given below under institution grievance submission section
- Registered institution
- Not registered institution
- Incase you have selected not registered institution option, you need to do guest registration before logging in.
- After this, you will see the grievance form on your screen.
- Here in this form, you need to enter all the necessary details.
- Once you are done filling all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- In this way, you will do the Institute grievance submission
To login as Administrator, you have to follow these below steps,
- First of all, visit the Swami Vivekananda scholarship official website.
- Once you see the home page of the website open, click on the “Administrator Login“ option.
- After this, a new page will open in front of you. Here in this page, you have to select “User type“
- Now, fill in your Username and Password in the given space and then solve the captcha code.
- In the end, click on the “Login” button
- In this way, you will login to the Swami Vivekananda portal as Administrator.
Also Read: Balika Samridhi Yojana (BSY) 2021: Online Application, Benefits, Eligibility
On our website, we have provided all the information related to Swami Vivekananda scholarship. Even then if you have any queries, you can reach out to the details given below
Email ID – [email protected]
Toll Free Number – +1800-102-8014