The Government of Odisha has started a scheme named Madhu Babu Pension. Today in this article, we will be providing you all information related to Odisha Madhu Babu Pension Yojana, how to apply for the Madhu Babu Pension Scheme at sepd.gov.in, its objective, eligibility criteria, necessary documents and more. So read this article till the end.
Table of Contents
Details of Madhu Babu Pension Yojana
|Scheme Name||Odisha Madhu Babu Pension|
|Started by||CM Naveen Patnaik|
|Beneficiaries||People of Odisha|
|Launched Year||January 2008|
|Department||Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities|
|Application Mode||Online/ offline|
|Category||Odisha Govt Scheme|
Objective of Madhu Babu Pension Scheme
Odisha Madhu Babu Pension Yojana Department of Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities has launched the Madhu Babu Pension Scheme in January 2008 with an objective to provide a pension to the beneficiaries. The Madhu Babu Pension Yojana is the combination of two pension schemes which are Revised Old Age Pension Rules, 1989 and Disability Pension Rules, 1985. Old age people or PWD or Widows.
Under this scheme state government will provide a pension to the beneficiaries. The beneficiaries can now be able apply for this pension scheme online at sepd.gov.in. As of now, the scheme has benefited over 50 lakh applicants.
Madhu Babu Pension Types
- Old age pension
- Disability pension
- Widow pension
- Case of Leprosy patient
- Widow pension AIDS/ HIV
- Disability person AIDS/ HIV
- Unmarred woman
- Divorcee woman
Pension Amount under Madhu Babu Pension
|Age||Pension amount per month|
|60-79 years||Rs 500|
|80 years and above||Rs.700|
1.5 Lakh Beneficiaries To Get Advance Pension
You all are aware, most people are facing financial difficulties as a result of the covid-19 pandemic. Keeping this in mind, Odisha’s chief minister has asked officials to deposit three months’ advance pension into the bank accounts of Madhu Babu Pension Yojana beneficiaries.
The pension will be paid in advance for the months of June, July, and August. Nearly 1.5 million people will get pensions through electronic payments. The remainder of those without a bank account will receive a pension at their houses. The SSEPD department has issued a directive to the concerned collector about the disbursement of pension funds into the beneficiary’s bank account.
Also, those childrens who have lost their parents due to corona will get the pension under the Madhu babu covid Yojana.
Madhu Babu Pension Yojana for Transgenders
On July 4, 2020, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik accepted a plan to give transgender people with a pension under the Madhu Babu Pension Yojana. This community will receive a monthly stipend of between Rs. 500 and Rs. 900 for around 5000 members. According to SSEPD Minister Mr. Minister, the quantity of Ashok Panda Pension they receive is determined by their age. Applicants must fill out an online application form on the Department of Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (SSEPD) website to apply for the scheme.
Aadhaar Link with Madhu Babu Pension Yojana
Those who have previously benefited from the scheme should note that they must link their Aadhaar cards to the social welfare link account. To take advantage of the scheme’s additional benefits, all candidates must link their Aadhaar numbers to their social welfare link accounts by March 15, 2020. To link your Aadhaar card to your pension, you must submit a photocopy of your Aadhaar card when visiting the Gram Panchayat office or municipal office.
Every month on the 15th, the beneficiary will get the pension amount in cash. Pension payments shall be made by the BDO or any officer subordinate to the BDO in the Gram Panchayat office (in a rural region) and by the DSSO or any officer subordinate to the DSSO in the municipal office (in an urban area).
- Applicant should be above 60 years can apply.
- Widow of any age are eligible to apply for the Madhu Babu Pension Yojana.
- Person affected with leprosy or visible signs of deformity of any age
- PWD of any age
- AIDS patient of any age recognized by the State/District AIDS Control Society
- The applicant’s family’s annual income shall not exceed Rs. 24000/-.
- Only permanent residents of Odisha are eligible to apply.
- The applicant cannot receive benefits from any other pension scheme run by the state and central governments, or any institution supported by either.
You need to have the following documents to apply for the Madhu Babu Pension
- Aadhaar card
- Family income proof
- Resident proof
- Age proof
- Caste certificate (in case of SC/ ST/ OBC/ BC/ Minority applicant)
- Death certificate of husband (in case of widow pension)
- Disability certificate (in case of PWD applicant)
How to apply for the Madhu Babu Pension Yojana Online?
You can aply fo the Odisha Madhu Babu Pension Scheme either online or offline. Here we will provide you the step by step guide on how to apply for this scheme online.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website at http://ssepd.gov.in/.
- Click on the “Pension Schemes“.
- After this, a new page will open where you have to select the “Madhu Babu Pension Yojana” available below the choose scheme.
- Now, click on the “Proceed” button and then the application for will open infront of you.
- Select the scheme type and fill the application form. This includes
- Father/ husband name
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Aadhar number
- District, subdivision
- Social category
- Once you are done, upload the copy of your Aadhar card, thumb impression or signature and recent passport size photo.
- Read the declaration and then, tick the checkbox,
- Finally, click on the “Submit” button.
How to apply for the Madhu Babu Pension Yojana Offline?
- Follow these steps to below, if you want to apply for the Odisha Madhu Babu Pension offline
- First, visit the Office of the Block Development Officer or Executive Officer of the Municipality/NAC.
- Get the application form for the scheme.
- Fill all the information and attach the relevant documents.
- Submit the filled application.
How to Track the Madhu Babu Pension Yojana Application online?
Follow these steps below to track your Madhu Babu Pension Yojana Application online
- First of all, you have to go to Department of Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities official website.
- Once the homepage of the website open, click on the “Pension Schemes” option.
- After this, a new page will open infront of you, here you have to select the “Madhu Babu Pension Yojana” under the Track application status.
- Now, click on the “Track” option.
- Again a new page will appear where you have to fill in the application number and click the “Search” option
- In this way, you will track your Madhu Babu Pension Yojana Application.
Points to remember about Madhu Babu Pension Yojana
- Beneficiaries of this scheme will be announced publicly.
- At least once a month, all collectors must have a selection camp.
- All scheme information will be made available online.
- Gram Panchayat extension officers and the concerned executive should be present on campus with the relevant forms.
- The collectors should verify all pensioners on an annual basis.
- The candidates will be given a proof of submission.
If you have any queries regarding Madhu Babu Pension Yojana, you can reach out to the details provided below
Contact Number- 18003457150
E-Mail ID – [email protected]