The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is Public Sector company working under the the Indian Railways. The main tasks of IRCTC are Ticketing, IRCTC Login Catering and Tourism operations in Indian Railways. IRCTC has an online platform named IRCTC Next Generation eTicketing System 2022. Today here in this article, we will provide you all the information related to IRCTC Next Generation eTicketing, Registration, Login, PNR Status Check, IRCTC Next Generation App. So read this article completely.
Table of Contents
Details of IRCTC Next Generation eTicketing System
|Name of the portal||IRCTC Next Generation Portal 2022|
|Objective||To book tickets online|
|Category||Central Govt Schemes|
What is the use of IRCTC Website?
On the official website of IRCTC Next Generation, the user can book train tickets online, find trains, check their PNR status, book charter trains, book flight tickets, book tour packages, book meals for their journey, check train charts book holiday package and avail much more online services.
IRCTC Next Generation Portal New Registration
In order to book train tickets on the IRCTC official website, you need to register yourself on this site and make your own login account
For creating an account in the IRCTC platform, follow the below step by step process
- First of all, go to the official website of IRCTC, after which the home page of the website will open in front of you.
- On the home page, click on the Register option.
- After this, a new page will open, where you need to fill three types of infromation i.e. Basic details, Personal details and Address.
- Under basic details page, choose a unique user name for your account.
- After this, set a strong password for your IRCTC account.
- Now, select your preferred language from the drop-down menu (Hindi or English).
- Click on the security question, fill the answer and then click on “Submit” Button.
- Now, you will see a new page on your screen, where you have to fill Personal details like
- Your First name, Middle name and Last name
- Occupation and Date of Birth
- Marital status
- Your Country name and Gender
- Email and Mobile number
- Select your nationality and click on “Continue” button.
- Now continue to address section and fill the following details:-
- House No. and Street
- Pin code and Name of State
- Name of city
- Post office and phone number
- Office address
- Confirm that you are not a robot.
- In the last step, click on the “Register” button.
- In this way, you will create your account on irctc
- After successful registration, you can login to your IRCTC account and make use of the services.
Steps to login to the IRCTC Next Generation eTicketing System
In order to book train tickets and hotels on the IRCTC official website, you need to login to this site by following the steps below
- First of all, go to the official web portal of IRCTC, after which the home page of the website will open in front of you.
- On the home page, click on the Login option.
- After this, you have to enter your login details and then click the “sign in” button.
- In this way you will login to the IRCTC official portal.
IRCTC Train Ticket booking Procedure online 2022
IRCTC Next Generation Reservation: In order to book the train tickets on the IRCTC website, Go to the official IRCTC Next Generation eTicketing portal. In the vent you book tickets in advance, there is fare chance you will get the confirmation of your ticket. If not, then your ticket will be listed under waitlist.
Suppose the waitlisted ticket booked online gets unconfirmed after the preparation of the chart, then that ticket will be cancelled automatically and the fare for that ticket will be refunded to your bank account from which the ticket was booked.
Online ticket booking procedure in s step by step process
- First of all, go to the official website at www.irctc.co.in
- Once the home page of the website open, choose your journey details
- Now, choose your source station and destination details.
- Date of journey
- Class of journey: Indian Railway provides many classes of coaches with different facilities such as
- Second Sitting(2S)
- AC Chair Car (CC)
- AC 3 Tier (3A)
- Sleeper (S)
- First Class (FC)
- AC 3 Economy (3E)
- AC 2 Tier (2A)
- Executive Chair Car (EC)
- AC 1 Tier (1A)
- Select quota of booking i.e.
- Lower Birth / Senior Citizens
- Premium Tatkal
- Tick mark the boxes according to your eligibility i.e.
- Divyaang Concession
- Flexible with date
- Train with available berth
- Click on “Search” button
- Now you will see the list of train based on your search preference along with ticket fare.
- Choose the berth type according to your preference and then click on “BOOK NOW” tab.
- After this, you have to enter the passenger details like Name, Age, Gender, Berth preference and Nationality
- Now, fill in your mobile number on which you want to get the ticket booking details message.
- Choose the Mode of payment to pay fare online.
- After successful payment, you will receive the ticket on your mobile and email id.
- In this way, you will your train ticket on the IRCTC Next Generation check eTicketing portal.
What is IRCTC PNR Number and its use? PNR Status check 2022
The full form of PNR is Passenger Name Record. This is a unique number connected with each and every ticket booking online or offline.
Once your ticket is booked successfully, you will be allotted with a 10 digit PNR number.
This Number is useful for tracking the status of your booked ticket such as waiting listed ticket status, confirmation of ticket, seat number, berth number etc.
How to check the PNR status on IRCTC Website?
There are various websites available on the internet for checking the PNR status of Indian Railways ticket. But the most trusted platform to check the PNR Status is official website of Indian Railways.
- You can click on the direct link given below to check the irctc pnr status live online
- After clicking the above link, the PNR status page will open where you need to enter your 10 digit PNR number and then click SUBMIT button.
- Your current PNR status will be displayed on your screen.
Can we book ticket on IRCTC at night?
IRCTC Train ticket booking timing: IRCTC eTicketing Platform works 24X7 but one cannot book tickets from 23:45 to 00:20 on IRCTC website as in this time the site goes under maintenance. For booking tickets online, the person has to visit the Official IRCTC Website and book tickets anytime and anywhere.
IRCTC Train ticket Cancellation Process 2022
How to cancel Indian Railways Train ticket?
Follow these steps below in order to cancel your IRCTC Train ticket online
- First of all visit the IRCTC Next Generation eTicketing official website.
- Once the home page of the website open, login to your IRCTC account from which the ticket was booked.
- After this, go to the “My Transactions” menu and then choose the option “Upcoming journey”.
- After this, a new page will open, here you have to select the ticket that you need to cancel.
- Tick the name of passengers in the list whose ticket you need to cancel and click on “Cancel ticket“.
- In case if any person is still travelling in this list, Reprint a new ticket for them.
- The cancellation amount will be refunded to the account number from which the ticket was booked.
How to download the IRCTC Next Generation App Download?
If you want to download the IRCTC Next Generation App on your mobile phone, you have follow these steps given below
- First of all, open Google Play Store in your mobile phone.
- Once you see the home page, type “irctc” in the search bar and click search icon.
- You will see IRCTC Rail Connect app as the top result.
- Click on install.
- Once it gets installed on your mobile phone, you will be able to book your tickets very easily
We hope, you are provided with all the information related to IRCTC Next Generation eTicketing. If you find this article beneficial then show your support by bookmarking our website. Also post your queries related to IRCTC Next Generation eTicketing system 2022 in the comment.