The way of traditional banking has decreased as the banking industry has changed into a digital way. One of the top banks in the public sector is Indian Bank. Indian Bank adopted the latest technological tools to enhance its financial services to delight its customer with the best banking services.
If you have an account in Indian Bank, then you need to get your CIF number as every customer has a different and unique CIF number. CIF or Customer Information File number is a 9-digit unique number.
CIF contains the account holder’s personal information and account information in a digital format. The CIF number is connected by banks to the customer’s account. Each account holder is entitled to a CIF number.
5 Ways to Find your Indian Bank CIF Number
- You can simply find your CIF number printed on the first page of your passbook.
- You can also find it printed on your chequebook.
- If you can access internet banking, you can just log in and look for your CIF Number in your profile.
- You can also call the customer care of Indian Bank on 18004250000 and request your CIF number. They will ask you some questions such as name, address, account number, etc., and provide you with your CIF number.
- If you are not able to get your CIF number by any of these methods then you can also visit your branch and approach any employee working there, and they provide you with your CIF number. They will ask you for some information related to your bank account.
The above-mentioned are the ways to get your CIF number. This CIF number is quite useful in mobile banking. The banks can collect the information related to the bank account of an individual has become a seamless process with the help of the CIF number.
If just one person has more than one account in the same bank, then the bank will provide the account holder with a single CIF and all the accounts will be linked altogether to one single CIF. This number is also useful when you wish to transfer your account to another branch from the previous one.