Bihar RTPS (Right to Public Service) portal is an online platform that supports in effortless application of the most basic documents like Caste, Income and Residence certificates that are necessary for each individual to avail various government and private work. RTPS Bihar Portal was launched on 15th August 2011 for the benefit of people of the state Bihar.
A proper network connection with you is enough for the application of those certificates instead of you visiting the concerned office several times. Here, let’s see in detail about the RTP Service in the state of Bihar and the ways in which the caste certificate, income certificate and residence certificate can be applied through RTPS Bihar Portal.
Table of Contents
What is Bihar RTPS?
Basically to enjoy the benefits of central government schemes and scholarships or to apply for any government schemes, residence or caste or income certificates are considered as much required documents. But applying and receiving any proof certificates is a tedious process where one needs to stand in long queues, must visit the government office numerous times and so on.
To resolve all these problems faced by the people, the Government of Bihar has established an online portal of RTPS in which the citizens of the state can register themselves and access all the online services offered by the government. This RTPS portal is designed in such a way that it facilitates the people of the state to avail various online services under a single portal at the ease of sitting at home.
About RTPS Service Plus
Government Bihar has tied up with the Department of Information Technology to carry out this entire RTPS Plus which is the delivery and grievance redressal software framework of the National Informatics Centre (NIC) Government of India. This RTPS service plus is a configurable unified framework that eases the rapid rollout of any service at any time by any level of the state government. This helps out the people with providing information about any service or scheme provided by the Bihar Government and also the latest updates on it. Apart from the above, RTPS service plus also manages and maintains all the documents or enclosures in the online repository and gives the option to track the application. Character Certificate (Charitra Praman Patra), OBC Certificate, Land Possession Certificate (LPC) and Tatkal Services for Residential, Caste and Income Certificates are few other certificates that can be generated using RTPS service plus
What are the features of Bihar RTPS Portal?
Citizens of the state Bihar can avail a wide range of features provided under the Right to Public Service portal, of which few are mentioned below:
- It allows the individual to appeal and review the services that are delayed or denied
- Provides easy and quick access to all the services and also aids in checking the status of the applied certificate application.
- RTPS Bihar portals has also the benefits of the service request, online payment, approval of services and service delivery
- In case of the yet to be delivered services, the residents will be notified through SMS
Processing Time of the Certificate
The requested or the applied certificated will be issued within 10 to 15 days from the date of application, in Bihar
RTPS portal Services
RTPS portal of Bihar is intended to deliver several services of the state government, you can avail the following services using this online portal.
- Certificate Services include:
- Caste Certificate (Jati Praman Patra)
- Income Certificate (Aay Praman Patra)
- Local Residence Certificate (Awasiya Praman Patra)
- Character Certificate (Charitra Praman Patra)
- OBC Certificate
- Land Possession Certificate (LPC)
- Tatkal Services for Caste, Income and Residential Certificates
Modes of RTPS Bihar Service
RTPS services plus is available in two modes that is online and offline mode. Online application can made by the people at any time that is it is 24*7 through any means like laptop, tablet, desktop, smartphone etc having an internet connection from anywhere. In case of offline application, you need to visit the nearest RTPS office where the offline form has to be filled and submitted to the concerned RTPs officer.
Certificates of Bihar RTPS Service
RTPS Caste Certificate (Jati Praman Patra)
Jati Praman Patra (Caste Certificate) certifies that a person belongs to a particular community or a caste and acts as a proof to enjoy the privileges of various government schemes and jobs. In common, the individuals who belong to reserved classes that are Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribe and other backward classes are required to attach their certificate to various schemes and government examination forms otherwise he/she will be considered as Unreserved/General Category.
Both at national and state level, under the reservation system to bring equality among all the citizens each caste enjoys their own positive perks in Government jobs and schemes etc for which the caste certificates need to be presented. People of Bihar can apply for their caste certificate online through RTPS Service plus portal for which the below documents would be required
- Identity Proof: Voter Id, Aadhar Card, Passport, PAN Card, MNREGA Card
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card, Residential Certificate, Driving License, Rental Slip and Rent Agreement
- Affidavit for Caste Certificate: Copy of revenue records or village panchayat record, High school certificate, extract of Government Service
- Photocopy of ration card
- Record (Book) mentioning caste/community category of applicant’s father or relative, Birth Register of applicant or father or relative
RTPS Income Certificate (Aay Praman Patra)
An official statement provided to the citizen by the state government confirming his/her annual income is the income certificate. To be a beneficiary for various civic welfare schemes, income certificate is one of the application requirements. Income certificate is the one which is required for getting the Economically Weaker Section Certificate. Issuing authority of the income certificate varies from state to state. In case of rural areas, it is issued by the village tehsildar and for urban areas it is District Magistrate or the Revenue Department. Bihar RTPS service allows the people of Bihar to apply for an income certificate online. Documents required to enrol for the income certificate are as follows:
- Age Certificate: Birth Certificate or School or College Mark sheet
- Ration Card of the Applicant
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card, Voter ID card, Gas Bill, Electricity Bill,
- Details of Income: Pay slip, Monthly Salary
Some of the common reasons behind obtaining income certificates are as follows:
- Availing fee concession in educational institutions
- Securing seats in quota reserved in professional colleges of the Socially and Economically Backward classes
- Receiving different kinds of pension such as old age pension, widow pension, agricultural labourer’s pension and pension for TB patients, Leprosy Patients, Cancer Patients etc.
- Getting loan available to the SC or ST for different purposes
- Obtaining financial aid available to the Ex-Servicemen
Local Residence Certificate (Awasiya Praman Patra)
Residence Certificate is used as a proof to prove that the person who carries the certificate is a resident of the state or district which issues the certificate. Being one of the most essential documents in almost every aspect of verification, once applied it is valid for lifetime. Apart from government jobs the residential certificate is also required for taking the connections of water and electricity. It conveys that the individual is the permanent residence in a ward, town or village. You can directly log in to the RTPS plus service and apply for the residential certificate. For which you need to attach the scanned copy of certain documents such as
- Aadhar Card
- Voters ID
- PAN Card
- Ration Card
Steps to apply for RTPS Service
Now let’s look at the ways in which you can apply for the certificates provided by the government in the Bihar RTPS service plus
- First go the official website of RTPS service plus that is serviceonline.bihar.gov.in
- Now the homepage of the official site will open. In which the tab naming as “Issuance of Caste Certificate, Issuance of Income Certificate and Issuance of Residential Certificate” will appear
- In that tab you will find various options as Issuance of Caste or Income or Residence Certificate at CO, SDO and DM level
- Click on the tab “Register Yourself” and enter the details
- Fill in the Name, Mobile Number and Password (it should be 8 to 15 characters with at least one special character, one numeric, one small case and one upper case letter)
- Once registering yourself, now login for which you need to enter your login id, password and captcha code
- Click the “Submit” button, now you can apply for any service
Apply for Services
- After login, move to the “Apply for the service” tab
- In which click on “Apply Online” option
- Now agree to the Terms and Conditions as displayed and go to the next page
- Choose the place from where you would like to get the certificate
- Enter your name and then select the required certificate and fill in your mobile number
- After which press the “Next” button, now will be receive a verification code to your mobile
- Enter the verification code and then enter all the mandatory data asked
Process of Payment
- After you fill all the required details in the application form, you will then see the payment page
- Here you will see multiple online payment including Net Banking, Debit/Credit Card Payment
- Finally with the completion of entire process you will receive the application ID as an acknowledgement for your future reference
How to track the RTPS Bihar online application status?
This e-portal also allows the users to verify the status of the application
- Visit the official RTPS service plus website
- On the homepage displayed click on “Application Status” link in the right side corner
- Now enter the reference number and the captcha code displayed to view the status
Ways to download the online RTPS Certificate
Follow these steps given below to download the online RTPS Certificate
- Go to the official web portal of Bihar RTPS
- Click on “Certificate Web Copy” option
- After which enter the reference number and press the “Print” button to download or print the certificate online
We hope this article has given you enough information about Bihar RTPS service plus. For further clarification you can comment in the section below
Frequently Asked Questions
What were the earlier options available in Bihar to make this income, caste or residence certificates?
The only way was to apply offline from your block, to overcome this only Bihar Government has initiated RTPS to get these certificates in online itself
Is it possible to know the application status of Bihar RTPS through SMS?
Yes, in case of no internet facility you can get information on delivery date of the certificate through SMS on your mobile
What are the documents required for registration?
Aadhar card with registered mobile number and a mail id are the two most important things you should have
How to avail the services under Bihar RTPS?
To avail the service under Bihar RTPS online you would just need a working stable internet connection
Can I fill an offline application form for this RTPS Service?
Yes, you can fill the offline application form by just visiting the block you belong to