A new initiative has been launched by the West Bengal government’s concerned department to assist all farmers. This scheme is named as WB Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme. Approximately 10 crore people in West Bengal will receive free rice until June 2021, according to the government.
In this article, we will discuss the West Bengal Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme, its objective, benefits, features, eligibility criteria and requirements that must be met if farmers apply for this plan. We’ll also walk you through the step-by-step process of applying for the scheme.
Table of Contents
Overview of WB Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme
|Name of the Scheme||WB Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme 2022|
|Started by||Government of West Bengal|
|Objective||To provide unhindered supply of rice|
|Category||West Bengal Govt Scheme|
Objective Of WB Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme
The main objective of launching the Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme is to provide assistance to farmers in the state of West Bengal.
Low paddy demand has had a significant impact on all farmers’ pricing, and paddy prices are likewise declining this season. The government has declared a minimum support price, however prices appear to be slipping below the government’s MSP.
The government has declared a minimum support price, however prices appear to be slipping below the government’s MSP. In addition, the West Bengal government will set a limit on the amount of paddy that can be purchased from each farmer. This will undoubtedly benefit farmers in the long run, allowing them to earn more money. Many farmers will sign up for the programme in order to benefit from the guaranteed minimum price.
Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme
Around 13 lakh farmers have been enrolled in the West Bengal Kharif paddy procurement scheme by the concerned authorities. Around 7200000 paddy farmers are expected to sign up for the scheme. The concerned authorities further stated that under this scheme, they intend to reach out to as many farmers as possible. Each farmer would also receive 45000kg of paddy from the government. The price of paddy has yet to be determined by the relevant authorities. Under this system, rice will be delivered to the PDS without interruption. The programme will be launched in December.
Benefits Of The Scheme
Farmers would benefit the most from this scheme because they will receive a fixed price for their paddy and rice. The West Bengal government will secure approximately 45 quintals of paddy from each farmer in order to assist them in the long run. Prices will also be offered in accordance with the West Bengal government’s determined ceiling price. In FY 2019, the maximum paddy procurement for each farmer was increased to 90 quintals at an MSP of Rs. 1,868 per quintal.
Features available on the portal
Some of the features available on the portal are as follows
- Rice Mill Registration
- Farmer Login
- Old KMS
Rice Mill Registration Procedure
To register on the official website, simply follow the steps mentioned below:
- To begin, go to the official website by clicking here.
- On the menu bar, select the “Rice Mill Registration” option.
- On your screen, a new page will appear.”
- If you have already registered, you can log in.
- If you haven’t already done so, go to “New Registration“.
- On your screen, the application form will appear.
- Fill in all of the information.
- Click the “Submit” button.
Kharif Paddy Procurement Farmer’s Login
Farmer’s can login to the portal with the steps given below
- Go visit the official website first.
- On the menu bar, select the “Farmers Login” option.
- On your screen, a new page will appear.
- Fill in your personal information, including your registration number and phone number.
- Enter the captcha code into the box.
- Click the “Submit” button.
If you wish to contact the organisation’s customer executive services, simply follow the steps below
- First, visit the official website.
- On the home page, click on the “Contact” option.
- After this, a new page will open with the customer executive services details.
- According to your region, you can contact the customer executive.
In order to see the FAQs for the West Bengal Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme, you have to follow the below steps.
- First, you have to visit the official website of WB Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme.
- On the homepage, from the menu bar, click on the “FAQ” option.
- Now a new page will open with all the FAQs about the scheme.
- You can read all the FAQ’s before applying for this scheme.