NPR means National Population Register was started at 2010. NPR is not new for us. The National Population Register is a list of usual residents who are living in any part of India for more than six months. For every 10 years, the NPR data has to be updated by the central government, but in 2015, the government has introduced an NPR Update under which door to door surveys was taken. During this process, the aadhaar number and mobile numbers of the people were collected. However, this time for NPR list no identification, proof like biometric & no identity will be collected.
Friends, here in this article we will provide you with all information related to the National Population Register. Citizens can now download all the details of the National Population Register as a PDF Document. The Census for NPR will get over under 2021 by using the powers conferred by Section 3 of 1948 by the Narendra Modi government by the Center.
Table of Contents
National Population Register 2021
On 24 December 2019, the NPR was introduced by the Government of India for updating the NPR. Now, the Time Table, Dates and Registration Schedule and Manual for NPR has been released by the Office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner of the Ministry of Home Affairs. The information shows that the 15th Indian census was carried out in 2011, according to this data shows that the population at that time was 121 crores.
Now the Central Government has declared the 16th Indian Census. Official sources shows that this census will be done two phases by the Government.
- In the first phase all the Households will be calculated.
- The population will be counted in the second phase as planned.
All these details are available on the National Population Register Official Website. In this we will guide you with the step by step process on how you can download the information.
Details of National Population Register
|National Population Register (NPR)
|24 December 2019
|Government of India
|To gather the population in the country
|Population Details available as PDF online
National Population Register Details
This census presented by the Central Government of India is the 16th Indian Census, this census is carried out in two phases as per sources.
- The 16th Indian Census will be done for 640 districts, 5,924 revenue, and 7,933 cities as said by the Union Minister.
- Around 330,000 enumerators would be using their own smartphones and manual data will be generated in some places in this census
- On the congress rule, the 15th Indian census was calculated, data show that the population was 121 crores during that time
- In this census, 330,000 enumerators will use own smartphones and manual data will be generated in some places.
- About 6, 40,932 villages gest included in this census calculation.
- All information gathered by the defendant remains confidential in this census. Through this, anyone would be able to add their name to the NPR in a self-declaration manner.
NPR Form Booklet / Handbook Detailed Information
The NPR Form can be filled on the basis of self-attested information. According to the booklet, NPR Form will be filled in two sides. Here we will provide you the detailed information on filling the NPR form.
The Side A on the NPR Form contains the following information.
- Enumeration of the household
- Census House Number and Household Number
- Present Address
- Pin code
- Household Status
- Number of members
- Serial Number
- Name of the person in full
- Availability of member of the household
- Relationship to Head
- Marital Status
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Nationality as declared
- Passport Number
- Educational Qualification
The Side B on the NPR Form contains the following information.
- Serial Number
- Permanent Residential Address
- Duration of stay and place of last residence
- Details of the father, mother, and spouse
- Aadhaar Number
- Mobile Number
- Voter ID Card Number
- Driving License Number
- Required Documents
According to Mr. Reddy statement, in this 16th census program the defendant won’t have to produce any type of documents as evidence. No evidence is required in relation to the information given to any of the defendants.
Time Table & Dates Manual of NPR
|Name of the Project
|National Population Register
|G. Kishan Reddy, Union Minister
|30th December 2019
|Stage 1 Date
|From May 1, 2020, to June 14, 2020
|Stage 2 Date
|Starts Between 9 February 2021 to 28 February 2021
|Stage 4 Date
|October 1, 2020 (Snow areas of Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttarakhand will be included in this phase of census calculation.)
|Stage 5 Date
|01 March 2021 to 05 March 2021 (Revised Snow areas of Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttarakhand will be included in this phase of census calculation)
Features of National Population Register Schedule
The main feature of starting the National Population Register 2021 launched by the Central Government are as follows
- The data’s collected through this census will be kept safe.
- Process of this census will be done in two phases by the Government.
- On the first phase, houses will be counted while on second phase the population will be counted.
- The 16th census program will commence on April 2020.
- Data’s for 16th census program will be calculated from different parts of the country.
- 640 districts, 5,924 revenue and 7,933 cities and 6,40,932 villages are getting included newly in this census
We hope, you are provided with all the information related to National Population Register. If you find this article beneficial then show your support by bookmarking our website. Also post your queries related to National Population Register in the comment.
What is meant by National Population Register?
NPR means National Population Register which was started at 2010 is a census program through which 2021 census will be completed.
What is the full form of NPR?
The full form of NPR is National Population Register.
What is the difference between NPR and Aadhaar?
NPR is a census process through which accurate data is collected by census of the population while Aadhaar is an identity document for availing various schemes.