The Minority Scholarship 2022 has been started to help the minority students who are pursuing education in India currently. Today here in this article, we will provide you with all information related to minority students Program, list of scholarships available under Minority Scholarship, how to apply for the Minority Scholarship 2022 in a step-by-step procedure, Application Procedure, Login, Eligibility Criteria, Necessary Documents, Track Status and more. So read this article from beginning to end.
Table of Contents
Overview of Minority Scholarship
|Scholarship Name||Minority Scholarship 2022|
|Started by||Government of India Ministry of Minority affairs|
|Objective||To Provide scholarships|
Last Date Extended
Latest information on the National Scholarship Portal shows that last date to apply for scholarship program for post-matric minority scholarships is extended till 15th January 2022. For applying this scholarship, the applicant has to go to the official website and register themselves on the portal before 15th January 2022. Also the last date for Institute Verification and Defective Verification has been extended till 31st January 2022. We request all our readers to apply scholarships before the last date.
Minority Scholarship 2022
Student belonging to economically weaker section will be able to apply for the Minority scholarships. This scholarship scheme is started under organization of Welfare Of Minorities Under The Ministry Of Welfare by the Government of India. The main objective of starting this scholarship is to offer financial support to all eligible students. With this scholarship, the student belong to the minority community will be funded to continue their education.
Minority Scholarship Selection Criteria
The selection procedure for Minority Scholarship will be done in the following way.
- First, the officials will do the shortlist process according to the financial status of the applicant.
- After that the applications will be segregated for each scholarship according to the category.
- Suppose applicants have similar income category, then the older applicant will get the chance.
- According to the income of the applicant’s the merit list will be made.
- Once if all these thing matches, then the selected candidates will get the reward as specified for each scholarship
- For all girl students, 30% of the scholarship will be offered in each minority community.
- If there hasn’t any female candidate applied, then it will be transferred to the eligible male students in the concerned state or union territory.
List of Scholarships
The following are the scholarship program launched fort the minorities by the Indian Government
|Arunachal Pradesh||Pre-matric scholarship under the umbrella scheme for ST students Post-matric scholarship under an umbrella system for ST children’s education Arunachal Pradesh’s schedule tribe students are eligible for a stipend under a new|
|Assam||Assam sc students can apply for a pre-matric scholarship. Assam SC students can apply for a post-matric scholarship. Assam ST kids receive a pre-matric scholarship. Assam ST students can apply for a post-matric scholarship. Assam OBC students receive a pre-matric scholarship. Assam OBC students can apply for a post-matric scholarship.|
|Uttarakhand||Minority students receive a pre-matric scholarship. SC students are eligible for a pre-matric scholarship. ST students are eligible for a pre-matric award. OBC students are eligible for a pre-matric scholarship.|
|Tripura||SC students are eligible for a post-matric scholarship. OBC students are eligible for a post-matric scholarship.|
|Manipur||ST students are eligible for a pre-matric award. ST students can apply for a post-matric scholarship.|
Central Funded Scholarships
- Post matric minority scholarship
- Pre matric minority scholarship
- Merit cum means scholarship for professional and Technical courses
|Scholarship||Last Date to Apply||Defective Verification Last Date||Institute Verification Last Date|
|Pre matric minority scholarship||15th November 2012||15th December 2021||15th December 2021|
|Post matric minority scholarship||15th January 2022||31st January 2022||31st January 2022|
|Merit cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses||15th January 2022||31st January 2022||31st January 2022|
You need to fulfil these eligibility criteria mentioned below to apply for the minority scholarship
- Applicant’s must be in school/college/university to apply for this scheme.
- Applicant’s family income must be between Rs 100000 to Rs 200000 and must not exceed this limit.
- Candidate must belong to below poverty line (BPL) category.
- Student need to be meritorious to apply and get benefited by the minority scholarship scheme.
- The objective of this scholarship is to motivate girl students belonging to minority communities towards education.
- In the previous, student must have secured more than 50% marks in government and non-government educational institutions.
- Student’s whose family income is not more than one lakh can apply for Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme.
- The Post Matric Scholarship Scheme is available for the students from class XI to Ph.D.
Rewards under Minority Scholarship
The eligible applicant will get the following rewards under Minority Scholarship Scholarship Program
|Admission and tuition fee||For both hostellers and day scholars, the admission cost for classes 6 to 10 is INR 500 per annum. For both hostellers and day scholars, tuition for classes 6 to 19 is INR 350 per month..|
|Maintenance Allowance||For day scholars in classes 1 to 5, the monthly fee is INR 100. INR 600 per month for hostellers and INR 100 per month for day students for classes 6 to 10.|
Post Matric Scholarship
|Admission and tuition fee||For both hostellers and day scholars, admission and tuition for classes 11 and 12 is INR 7000 per year. For both hostellers and day scholars, the tuition price for technical and vocational studies at the class 11 and 12 levels is INR 10,000 per year. Admission and tuition fee for UG and PG level is INR 3000 for both hosteller and day scholar.|
|Maintenance Allowance||INR 380 per month for hostellers and INR 230 per month for day scholars for classes 11 and 12, including technical and vocational courses.|
|Course Fee||For both day scholars and hostellers, the annual fee is INR 20,000, subject to actuals, whichever is less.|
|Maintenance Allowance||The hosteller is paid INR 1000 every month. For day scholars, the monthly fee is INR 500.|
|Scholarship for listed institutes||For 85 of the institutes listed, the complete course tuition is covered.|
Candidates can renew their scholarship by completing the steps outlined below:-
- Every year, aspirants must renew the scholarship they have been awarded.
- To renew the scholarship, students must have received a minimum of 50% in the previous year’s examination.
- The officials do not release a merit list for renewal cases.
Rules and Regulations
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant must adhere to the following terms and conditions:-
- Only those who meet the eligibility requirements can apply for one of the three minority scholarships.
- Students who receive this grant are not eligible to receive any other scholarship at the same time.
- The course/tuition money and maintenance allowance will be transferred to the aspirant’s bank account by the officials.
- If the scholarship is obtained through a fraudulent statement, the officials will cancel it.
- If a student violates school discipline or any other scholarship terms and conditions, the scholarship will be revoked.
- Officials will not award scholarships to families with more than two students.
- Both day scholars and hostellers will be eligible for a maintenance allowance.
- The scholarship will be renewed based on the candidates’ performance.
Minority Scholarship Application Procedure
Follow these step by step procedure provided below to apply for the Minority Scholarship
- First of all, you have to go to National Scholarship Portal official website.
- Once the home page of the website open, click on “New Registration“
- After this, you will see a registration form in front of you.
- Fill all the information asked in the form such as
- Personal information
- Information regarding your academic qualifications.
- Upload all the documents asked in the form accordingly.
- Once you are done, click on “Register” button.
- After successful registration, you will be able to login to the portal with your credentials and apply for this scholarship.
How to login for Fresh Application?
- First of all, you have to visit the official website for National Scholarship Portal.
- Once you see the home page, click on “Login” button.
- After this you will see a form for Fresh Application.
- Now, fill in your application id and password.
- Once it is done, click on “Login“
- In this way, you will login for Minority Scholarship Fresh Application.
School/ Institute Login Procedure
Follow these steps to do School/ Institute Login Procedure
- First, you have to go to National Scholarship Portal official website.
- On the home page of the website, click on “Institute Login“
- After this, a login form will open, here you have to enter Nodal Officer, Academic year, etc.
- Now, click on “Login” button.
To search your School/Institute, follow the below steps
- First, visit National Scholarship Portal official website.
- Once the home page open, click on “Search School/Institute“
- After this, a new page will open.
- In this page, select your institute state, district, and other information.
- In the end, you will see school/institute list on your screen.
View NSP Beneficiary List
- First, visit the official website of the NSP.
- Once you see the home page, click on “New Registration“
- After this, a new page opens where you need to select “Scheme Wise Scholarship Sanctioned“ List
- You will then see an application form on your screen.
- In this application for, select scholarship type, state, ministry, and other details.
- Once you are done with all the above steps, click on “Submit” button.
Procedure to track Application Status
Follow these steps below to track Application Status
- First of all, visit the official website of National Scholarship Portal.
- Once the home page of the website open, click on “Login“
- After this, you have to click “Fresh/Renewal Login“
- By entering your credentials, login to the portal, click on “Track Application Status“
- Fill in your application id and click on the “Track” option.
- You will see your application status on your screen.
Application Renewal Procedure for Minority Scholarship
- First, go to official website of NSP, after which the home page will open.
- Once the home page open, click on “New Registration“.
- After this, a new page open where you have to click “Apply for Renewal“
- Now, you will see the renewal login form.
- Fill in your login details and then the renewal form open.
- Enter all the information asked in the form and then click on “Submit” button.
Point to Remember for Renewal Applicants
- You will not be able to renew the application once you complete your course.
- Applicant should not fill as fresh, if anything like fresh happens, your application will be cancelled.
- Your mobile number should be same as given in the application form.
- You cannot change your mobile number once it is done.
Update Mobile Number
- For updating your mobile, you have to first visit the NSP Portal.
- Once the home page open, click on “New Registration“
- After this, a new page opens, select “Apply for Renewal” here.
- Now, click “Update Mobile Number” and you will see the update form for user details
- Enter all the details asked and then click on “Verify and Continue“
- In this way, you will update your Mobile Number on NSP Portal.
Change Mobile Number
- First, visit the official website of National Scholarship.
- On the home page, click on “Login”
- After this, you have to select “Fresh/Renewal Login” option.
- Now a form will open in front of you.
- Fill your credentials and login.
- After successful login, click on “Change Mobile Number” option.
- You will receive an OTP, enter in the given space and then fill the application form
- Finally, submit the application and then your change your number
Know Your AISHE Code
- First, you have to visit National Scholarship Portal.
- Once the home page open, click on “Know Your AISHE Code” under “Services“
- After this, you will see a form where you have to select Institution type, State, District and University type.
- Now, click on “Submit” and then you will see the AISHE Code on your screen.
View Nodal officer Details
- To view Nodal officer Details, visit the official website of National Scholarship Portal.
- Once the home page of the website open, under “Services” option, click on “Nodal officer Details“
- After this, you will see a form where you need to select the Ministry, State, District and Scheme.
- Now, solve the captcha code and click on “Submit” button.
Procedure to Track NSP Payment
To tract your NSP Payment, you have to follow the below steps
- Visit the official website of pfms, after which the home page of the website will open.
- On the home page, click on “Track NSP Payment” option.
- After this, a new page will open in front of you,.
- In this new page, fill in all information asked in the application form accordingly.
- Once you are done, click on “Search‘ button.
- You will then see the payment information on your screen.
Know Your NSP Payment
In order to know your NSP Payment, you have to follow the below steps
- First, you have to go to official website of pfms.
- Once the home page of the website open, click on “Know Your Payment” option.
- After this, a new page will open in front of you, here fill in all information asked in the application form.
- Once it is done, click on “Send OTP“, and you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter this OTP in the OTP box and then click on “Search” button.
- In the end, you will see your NSP payment on your screen.
Procedure to view Complaint Status
Follow these steps to view your complain status for the Minority Scholarship
- First, visit the official Website of NSP, after which the home page will open.
- On the home page, click on “Complaint Status“
- After this, you will see a form on your screen.
- In this form, you have to fill in your application number and captcha code.
- Once you are done, click on “Check Status” button.
- In this way, you will view your Complaint Status
In this article, we have provided you all information related to Minority Scholarship 2022, Even then if you have any queries, you can always reach out the helpline details given below
Helpline Number: 0120 – 6619540
Email ID: [email protected]
We hope, you are provided with all information related to Minority Scholarship 2022, If you find this article useful, then show your support by bookmarking our website.