Despite of financial situation, every student has the right to continue their education. The Ministry of Science and Technology has announced the Inspire Scholarship 2022 to motivate students to pursue careers in science. Under this scholarship scheme, various financial incentives are provided to students who are pursuing their study in the science stream. This article will provide you with complete information about this programme, including its objective, benefits, features, eligibility criteria, required documents, and application procedure. So, we request you to read this article till end to know about this scholarship programme.
Details of Inspire Scholarship Scheme
|Scholarship Name||Inspire Scholarship 2022|
|Started By||Department of Science and Technology|
|Objective||To offer Scholarships to the eligible students.|
|Category||Central Govt Schemes|
What is Inspire Scheme?
On November 13, 2008, the Department of Science and Technology started the INSPIRE (Innovation in Science Pursuit of Inspired Research) scholarship scheme, which cost a total of Rs. 1979.25 crores. The government provides Rs 80000 scholarships to ten thousand students every year for five years or until the course is completed, whichever comes first.
All students who want to pursue a science education but are unable to do so due to financial condition are eligible for financial support under this scheme. One of the components of the inspire initiative is the Inspire Scholarship 2022.
The inspire scholarship program consists of three parts: early attraction of talent, scholarship for higher education, and opportunity for research careers. Through this system, the government offers a variety of awards, internships, scholarships, and fellowships to ensure that every student has the opportunity to pursue higher education.
Objective of Inspire Scholarship
The major objective of the Inspire Scholarship 2022 is to encourage young people in the country to pursue science at a young age for building and extending the country’s scientific and technology system, as well as its research and development foundation. Financial help will be provided to students pursuing jobs in the science field through this scholarship programme.
Students no longer need to be concerned about their financial situation in order to obtain an education because the Department of Science and Technology will fund their education. This programme will also improve literacy rates. Students can receive financial aid up to the PhD level through this scholarship programme, which will ultimately benefit the research and development sector.
Assistance amount under Inspire Scholarship
Under the Inspire Scholarship Scheme, the department would provide a total scholarship of Rs 80000 every year. Each candidate will receive a yearly scholarship of Rs 5000 each month, totaling Rs 60000. All The scholars must complete a summer research project under the supervision of an active researcher in a recognised research centre in India.
Every year, a summers attachment charge of Rs 20000 will be paid as mentorship for this purpose. After finishing the project within the time frame, the scholar must submit a project report as well as a certificate from the mentor.
Features and Benefits of Inspire Scholarship
- On November 13th, 2008, the Department of Science and Technology introduced the Innovation in Science Pursuit of Inspired Research (INSPIRE) scholarship at a cost of Rs. 1979.25 crores.
- Every year, the government awards Rs 80000 in college scholarships to ten thousand pupils.
- All students who desire to further their study in the science stream but are unable to do so due to budgetary constraints will be given financial aid under this scheme.
- This scholarship is part of the Inspire programme.
- This programme was created with the goal of ensuring that every student has the chance to pursue higher education.
- This programme does not believe in holding competitive examinations to identify talent at any level.
Inspire Scholarship – Available Subjects
- Atmospheric science
- Marine biology
- Oceanic science
Inspire Scholarship Types
Scheme for early attraction of talent or SEAT
Talented students are drawn to science through the Inspire Scholarship Scheme. For the purpose of luring pupils, 1 million young learners in the age group of 10 to 15 years old, ranging from class 6 to class 10th, would get an Inspire Award of Rs 5000. Aside from that, on an annual basis, summer camps are organised for 50000 Science students in class 11th with global experts in science so that students can experience the thrill of creativity.
Scholarship for higher education or SHE
This initiative was created in order to boost participation in Science intensive programmes in higher education. Every year, 10000 students receive a scholarship and mentorship of Rs 0.80 lakh through this initiative. Students between the ages of 17 and 22 can take advantage of this programme to pursue bachelor’s and master’s degrees in natural sciences. Every beneficiary receives mentorship support through this programme.
Assured opportunity for research career or AORC
This programme was created in order to retain and nurture talented young scientific human resources in order to build the basis and base of research and development. This programme is broken down into two parts. The first step is to instil a sense of community. Students between the ages of 22 and 27 are granted 1000 scholarships each year through this fellowship to pursue a doctoral degree in basic and applied sciences, such as engineering and medicine. The second component is an inspired faculty scheme that provides a five-year guaranteed chance to 1000 postdoctoral researchers between the ages of 27 and 32 in basic and applied science fields through contractual and tenure-track jobs per year.
- The applicant must be a permanent Indian resident.
- The applicant should be between the ages of 17 and 22.
- Students must be enrolled in a recognised university to continue their education.
- All students in India who scored in the top 1% of their class 12th examination by a state or central board are eligible.
- The student must be enrolled in natural and basic scientific courses at the BSc, BS, or combined MSc/MS level.
- All students who have received a rank in the IIT JEE or AIPMT (among the top 10,000) and are currently enrolled in a natural basic sciences course in India are eligible to apply.
- Students studying MS programmes in natural and basic sciences at IISER, NISER, and the Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences, University of Mumbai, Visva Bharati, Shantiniketan can also apply if they scored in the top 1% of their class in India’s class 12th examination.
- Those who have been selected under the Kishore vaigyanik protsahan Yojana and are pursuing bachelor’s or master’s level natural science courses are eligible to apply.
- Students who have passed the National Talent Search Examination, Jagdish Bose National Science Talent, or are international Olympiad medalists studying natural sciences at the bachelor’s or master’s level are also eligible to apply.
- Aadhar card
- Caste certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Photocopy of Bank passbook
- Marksheet of class 12th
- Marksheet of class 10th
- Endorsement certificate as per prescribed format which is signed by principal of the college or director of Institute or registrar of University
- Eligibility note/advisory note if provided by the state or Central board
- Certificate specifying rank or award JEE (Main)/JEE (Advanced)/NEET/KVPY/JBNSTS/NTSE/international Olympic medalist
- Mobile number
How to apply for Inspire Scholarship Scheme?
Follow these step by step procedure below to apply for the Inspire Scholarship Scheme online
- First of all, you have to visit Department of Science and technology, Ministry of Science and technology official website.
- Once the home page of the website open, click on “New User Registration here“
- After this, you will see a registration form opened in front of you.
- You have to fill in all information asked in this form such as
- Mobile number
- Date of birth
- Login email
- Eligibility criteria
- Identification details
- Captcha verification
- Once you are done entering, click on “Submit” button.
- With the login credentials, you can now login to the portal.
- Once you see the dashboard, click on “Inspire Scholarship“
- Now, you will see the Scholarship form opened in front of you.
- Fill all the information asked in this form and upload the necessary documents.
- In the end, click on “Submit” button.
- In this way, you can apply for the Inspire Scholarship scheme
Inspire Scholarship Login Procedure
Follow these steps below to login to the Inspire Scholarship Portal
- First, you have to visit the official website of Department of Science and technology, Ministry of Science and technology
- Once you see the home page, click on Login and then fill in your login ID, password and captcha code
- After this, click on “Sign In” button.
- In this way, you will login to the portal.
View Contact Details
You can view the contact details for this scholarship scheme online, for this, you have to follow the below steps
- First, go to official website for this scholarship scheme.
- On the home page, click on “Contact us” option
- After this, a new page will open, here you will see the contact details
We hope you now have a thorough understanding of Inspire Scholarship Scheme. If you found this article beneficial, please bookmark sarkariyojanaindia.com to show your support.