The Government of India has allocated ten percent (10%) reservation quota for the EWS Economically Weaker Section in the country. With this certificate, the Economically Weaker Section people will be able to get reservation quota in sectors like Education, Govt and jobs like Railway, Staff Selection Commission SSC, Indian Administrative Services, IITs, IIMs, etc. Today here in this article, we will provide you information about the EWS Certificate 2022, Economically Weaker Section certificate Format 2022, Reservation Application Form for the year 2022, EWS Application Form, Procedure to verify EWS certificate online , Eligibility Criteria, How to download EWS certificate, Instructions and Guidelines, etc.
Table of Contents
Details of EWS Certificate Application form 2022
|EWS Certificate 2022
|Revenue Department, India
|Category of Certificate
|Full Form of EWS
|Economically Weaker Section
|Mode of Application
|Economic Weaker Section People
|To provide 10% Reservation Quota in government jobs and educational institutions
|Income and Asset Certificate
|Time taken for application process
|Validity of the Certificate
|Central Govt Scheme
EWS Category 10% Reservation Quota
The EWS Certificate is provided to all the Indian citizen belonging to the economically weaker section. This reservation subcategory has started in 2019 under the general category section. On January, 2019, the EWS bill has been approved by the Indian president and the fist state to implement this facility is Gujarat. With this Economically Weaker Section, 10% Reservation Quota will be provided to the citizen in Government Jobs.
The main objective of issuing EWS Category 10% Reservation is through this, the economically weaker section people will get 10% reservation in all GOI Civil Services Posts and various services in the Government of India and does not avail any other reservation facilities like SC, ST or OBC category.
EWS Certificate Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
- The candidate must not belong to SC, ST and OBC reservation category.
- Family income of the applicant must be below 8 lakh per annum.
- Income of the family should not exceed the above limit even if earning is from all sources agriculture, salary, professional, business, etc.
- Applicant should have less than 5 Acres Agricultural Land.
- Beneficiary belonging to General Category can avail Economically Weaker Section certificate.
- The beneficiary must have less than 1000 sq. feet Residential Flat Area.
- Residential Plot Area has to be less than 100 sq. yards (Notified Municipalities)
10% Economically Weaker Section reservation quota Benefits
The candidate need to avail a Income and Asset certificate from the authorized government authority (Eg: Tehsildar). The Asset and Income Certificate provided in the prescribed format will be taken as a proof of the candidate’s to be able to figure them out as the Economically Weaker Section EWS.
This Asset and Income Certificate will then be verified by the authorities in the state. Though the Asset and Income Certificate authorities differs but the ews application form format will be in a format set by the Government of India Ministry which will apply for all the states.
EWS category 2022 Reservation Quota Issuing authorities
The following are the EWS Reservation Quota Issuing authorities
- District Magistrate
- Additional District Magistrate
- Deputy Commissioner
- Additional’ Deputy Commissioner
- 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate
- Sub-Divisional Magistrate
- Taluka Magistrate
- Executive Magistrate
- Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate
- Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate
- Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the candidate and/or his family resides.
Necessary Documents to avail EWS Application Form
The following are the list of documents that are required to avail EWS Application Form. This may vary according to the states rules & regulations. So, we advise our readers to go to the concerned authority who is issuing the EWS certificate with these documents listed below.
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card
- Income Certificate
- BPL Card
- Caste Certificate
- Bank Statement
- Recent Passport size photo
- Affidavit or Self Declaration
- Other relevant documents
EWS Form Offline Apply | Economically Weaker Certificate Online
You can apply for the EWS Certificate by filing the EWS Application Form either through online or offline mode in different Indian states. In order to fill the EWS applications offline, you have to follow these step by step procedure given below
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of Economically Weaker Section certificate.
- From the website, download the EWS Application Form in a PDF format.
- After this, fill all the details asked in this form accordingly.
- Now, once you have filled, attach your photograph and other necessary documents.
- Submit this filled EWS Application Form to the Tahsil/Block Officer.
- Once you have submitted, you can get the information about the Economically Weaker Section certificate process at the nearest common service center or Jan Sewa Kendra
- In this way, you will apply for the Economically Weaker Certificate Online.
The EWS Form can be submitted either on online or offline which totally depends on the state government.
The following are the information that has to be filed in the EWS form
- Name of the state govt.
- Applicant Name
- Name of the father/husband
- Financial year
- Attested passport-sized photograph.
EWS Application Form Application Link [State-wise]
|EWS Application Form Link
|MIS Portal Haryana
|Jammu & Kashmir
|TN EMIS Login App
|UP (Uttar Pradesh)
In order to apply EWS Application Form online, go to the official website of the issuing authority and then click on the relevant link to download the form and follow the provided instructions.
The government of Andhra Pradesh has started a online facility for their citizen through which, the state people can easily submit the AP EWS application form. Also, the government has stated the format of EWS certificate as per Govt. of India.
State and Central EWS certificate Difference
In the event your state have changed the eligibility criteria for EWS, then the state certificate differs from the central certificate. In this case, you will have to produce state certificate if your apply in your state govt under EWS reservation and alternatively you will have to produce central certificate if your apply in your central govt under EWS reservation
Economically Weaker Certificate Validity period
The Validity period for Economically Weaker Section certificate depends on the state of the beneficiary who applies for the 10% reservation.
What is the procedure to Renew EWS certificate?
By following the same steps that we have mentioned above for applying EWS Category 10% Reservation, you can do the renewal process for 10% reservation.
EWS certificate for college admission:
Economically Weaker Certificate (GATE counseling 2022)
In the event, you are from EWS category, you get benefited by 40% unreserved seats as well as 10% seats reservation on GATE counseling 2022.
Economically Weaker Section certificate for the JEE 2022
For Joint Entrance Exam, you have to get the EWS certificate on April 2022 as it is valid only for a single session i.e from April 2020 to March 2022.
What documents are necessary for availing the EWS certificate?
The following are the necessary documents that you need to have for availing EWS Certificate
- Aadhaar Card.
- Affidavit/Self Declaration.
- ID Proof.
- Passport-sized photograph.
- Land/property documents.
- Residential proof/Domicile Certificate.
- Other relevant documents.
Where can I get the EWS certificate?
From your local government authority (Tehsil), you will be able to get the Economically Weaker Section certificate. After verification by the designated government officer, the Economically Weaker Certificate 2022 will be provided to you.
What is the eligibility criteria to avail the 10% EWS reservation certificate?
The government has set certain eligibility criteria for availing the EWS reservation certificate. The following are those.
- The applicant need to be from the general category to get the Economically Weaker Certificate.
- Candidates need to submit the certificates which shows the family income and land holding to avail the certificate issued.
- Income of the total family must be below Rs 8 lakh in the preceding financial year.
How can I apply for the EWS certificate offline?
You can apply for the EWS certificate either through online or Offline method. If you want to apply offline, you have to visit the tehsil office and get the ews form, fill it and attach the income certificate and notary with it. After verification of the submitted EWS application, you will be given the Economically Weaker Certificate 2022.
What is the procedure to apply EWS certificate online?
EWS application process differs according to the state government. In order to apply Economically Weaker Section certificate online, you have to go to the official website of the issuing authority and click on relevant to download the EWS application form and then proceed further as per the provided instructions.
Which categories are eligible for availing EWS quota?
Candidate who belong to general category and have an annual income less than 8 lakh rupees and does not belong to SC/ST/OBC/MBC category will come under the Economically Weaker section EWS Category.
Will I be able to use an income certificate as a replacement for EWS certificate?
Income Certificate differs from EWS Certificate, which is being issued by GOI. Income certificate is useful in proving your overall family income i.e. not more than 8 lakh rupees.
We hope, you are provided with all the information related to EWS certificate. If you find this article beneficial then show your support by bookmarking our website. Also post your queries related to EWS application form in the comment.