E Challan Status | echallan.parivahan.gov.in Portal | E-challan Online Payment | | Search E Challan status | Check Challan Status | e Challan Payment Online
The advancement of the technology is seen every everywhere in India, in this series our traffic department also getting upgraded and stricter towards traffic rules. This not only mean that the traffic police catches for rash driving, but also the cameras placed on every street are eyeing on you for breaking the traffic rule. You need to pay Challan, if you caught by the traffic police. The challan will be directly sent to your home irrespective of whether you break any traffic rule, is it signals jump, weaves through traffic, or over speed.
Today, here in this article, we are going to provide you all the information related to E Challan Status, echallan.parivahan.gov.in Portal, E-challan Online Payment, Search E Challan status, Check Challan Status, e Challan Payment Online and more. So read this article completely.
Table of Contents
Highlights of E Challan Status
|Article Topic||E Challan Status|
|Portal Name||E-Challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement Solution|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Used by||Citizens of the country|
What Is E-Challan?
- E Challan is an application launched for the police department, it is a modern programming application which contains an Android-based portable application and web interface. The e-challan is printed to give a thorough statement for Transport Enforcement Officers and Traffic Policemen. This E-Challan application is integrated with the Vahan and Sarathi applications.
- The E-Challan app also gives a bunch of features while covering every single significant usefulness of the Traffic Enforcement System.
- E-challan has been introduced a few days back in order to give challans to the people on the official app of the government. This system not only saves the cost of paper but also give a wider scope to the process.
E Challan Payment
Before moving on to discuss the e- challan status, lets look at what is e-challan? A challan is a payment which every citizen of the country has to pay if they break any traffic rule as per the guidelines issued by the traffic department. Till now the process had been done traditionally ie: the citizens pay in specific places but after the aftermath of technology advancement in the country, the Indian government has started an online challan payment portal known as “E-Challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement Solution”.
The Indian Government plans to ease out the process of making challan payment for the citizens of the country. Till now, the citizen will have to visit the concerned office and wait or long outside the office to pay the fine. But after this e-challan method, this fine will be paid online by the fine payers.
E- Challan Status Check Procedure
If you want to check the E- Challan Status online, follow these steps given below.
- The applicant has to first visit the official website of E-Challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement Solution
- After this, the home page of the website will open, here click the “check challan status” option in the menu bar.
- Now, a new page opens on your screen, here in this page, to have to choose “Challan Number” or “vehicle Number” or “DL Number”
- After this, fill in the information that you you have chosen and solve the captcha code shows on the screen
- In the last step, click on “get details” option and your challan related information will be displayed to you on your computer or mobile screen.
- Once you have done with the above steps, click on the Pay Now option.
- After this, select your desired option to pay your challan fine.
- Once your payment gets successful, generate the Challan Receipt online.
E- Challan Payment Mode
Applicants will be able to pay challan either by online or offline mode. Here we provide you the steps to be followed to deposit challan:
You can pay the traffic police e- challan in two ways through online mode. One is using the official website of the department and the other one is through number online payment module.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of the traffic police of your state
- After this, the home will open, on the home page, under services section, click on the e-challan option
- Now, a new page opens, here in this page, you have to provide your vehicle number or challan number (Notice you received)
- After entering this, click search detail option and your challan related information will be displayed on your screen.
- Once you have verified it, click pay option and make payment via credit or debit card
- Open your Paytm mobile application or go to the official website of Paytm.
- Once the home page open, click on the more option.
- After this, go to the other services section
- Now, choose the “challan” option
- Select the traffic authority name and enter the challan number.
- Once you have entered all the details above, click “proceed” option to make the challan payment.
- In order to pay the challan offline, follow these steps below.
- Go to the nearest police station and pay the challan amount
Benefits Of E-Challan
Some of the benefits of the e-challan procedure are as follows
- The E-Challan Provides the efficient way of discovery made in a simple, productive and far-reaching traffic authorization framework.
- This system will ensure the nation information sharing and lead to all the more suitable order of traffic and street security.
- Saves the time considerably and tries of residents in making payment instalments or follow-up activities which they faces usually get while paying challan.
- The E-Challan minimizes the Revenue misfortune thereby upgrading the straightforwardness
- Digitization of all the documents will achieve the permeability on the guilty parties, sorts of offenses often dedicated, instalments got time and so on.
- Copy or phoney challans are being excluded
- The resident will be able to pay the online instalment of challans “whenever and anyplace”
- Robotization of the procedure starting to the ending will ensure productivity at each degree of clients.
- This new framework will provide the ideal answer for all the difficulties faced now such as the issuance of traffic challans, overseeing records/back-end tasks, following offence history, instalments, reports and so forth.
- The Transport Enforcement Officers and Traffic Police officials will get easy and proficient challan choice
- The Road Safety usage report has been made constantly as per the Ministry/State Governments for information-driven strategy making
- Court removal will reflect straightforwardly to the resident/Department page. It will spare loads of attempts and time of resident and office authorities.
- Any exchange on concerned vehicle/permit will get hindered at RTO if there should be an occurrence of pending challan
- Subsequent punishment of the blamed proprietor at all the state where challan is actualized. This will stop the income loss of States.
Check Pending Transaction Details
Follow these steps given below to check the Pending Transaction Details online
- Firstly, you have to visit the official website of E- Challan. After this the home page of the website will appear.
- Click on check pending transaction option available on the home page.
- Now, a new page will open, here on this page you have to enter either your challan number or vehicle number
- In the last step, click get details to know your pending transaction details
Motor Vehicle Amendment Bill, 2019 Penalty Changes
|Type of Offence||Amount of Penalty (INR)|
|General Offence||1st time 500 & 2nd time 1500|
|Driving without Licence||5000 Rs|
|Driving illegal automobile without Licence||5000 Rs|
|Over Speeding of Vehicle||For LMV: 1000 to 2000|
|Medium Passenger or Goods Vehicle:||2000 to 4000 For the 2nd time, confiscation of driving license will happen|
|Rash Driving of Vehicles 1st Time:||Police Custody for 6 months to 1 year and/ or penalty of 1000 to 5000 2nd Time: Police Custody for 6 months to 1 year and or penalty of 1000 to 5000|
|Driving under Intoxication||1st Time: Police Custody up to 6 months and ot penalty of 10,000 2nd Time: Imprisonment till up to 2 years and or penalty of 15,000|
|Driving without Insurance||1st Time: Police Custody up to 3 months and or penalty of 2000 2nd Time: Imprisonment till up to 3 months or and penalty of 2000|
|Seat Belt Violation||1000|
|Helmet Wearing Violation||1000|
|Not giving way to Emergency Vehicle||Imprisonment for 6 months and or penalty of 10,000|
|Accidental Related Penalties||1st Time: Imprisonment till up to 6 months and or penalty of 5000 2nd Time: Imprisonment till up to 1 year or penalty of INR 10,000|
The following are the e challan enablers that has been announced by the concerned authorities of government
- Government Process Reengineering – The eChallan framework observes a total move of traffic authorization tasks from a fundamentally manual procedure to an innovation driven process. This new technology is more efficient, far-reaching, straightforward and very easy to use. The procedure of challan issuance and removal is done to be given on a mechanical stage.
- Capacity Building – The operational staff of the concerned division (Transport Enforcement/Traffic Police) has the extensive preparing and hand-holding gave when usage. At every stages, all help will be given by NIC bolster group.
- eChallan has been the conventional application/application which is done through all the states. If every single fundamental setup customizations and extra upgrades are dealt with and incorporated into the framework according to the prerequisites of the state/division, so as to meet explicit acts/rules/forms/positions/conventions and so on.
The e-challan is a sending and receiving procedure. Some of the value indicators of the procedure are given as follows
- eChallan technology has been developed through a procedure of changes, learning and upgrades.
- The options in the website are made drastically powerful and more expensive regarding highlights, functionalities and security.
- Challan instalments are invited through different modes like Online Payment, PoS put together instalment – both with respect to place and through the gateway.
- The framework has been made in bi-lingual help (Hindi and English) starting at now.
- The fine payer is naturally made a partner with the goal that he/she can make challan instalments on the computerized mode or development/complaint choices and so on by signing into the entry.
- Language customization is available on the website based non the state will also be given according to the prerequisites got from the clients.
What will happen if you don’t pay the traffic e challan?
- Suppose if you don’t pay the traffic e challan, then you will have to face the legal consequences. You will receive a summon from the court to your residential address as the licence holder and after that, you have to then go to the court and give explanation to the judge about not following the traffic rules.
- If you don’t go to the court after being called and pay the traffic e challan, then your driving licence will be cancelled and you no longer be able to drive the vehicle. So keep in mind to pay your E-Challan.
Received a wrong e-challan
As you all aware that breaking the traffic rules is illegal and you will be caught with the help of cameras that shows vehicle number. For this, you have to pay challan. But several time your vehicle number cannot be captured properly by the cameras and because of this a message to pay challan will be sent to the wrong person.
In the event you receive the message to pay challan and if you haven’t broken any rule then you can cancel the challan by following the the steps given below.
- First of all, to cancel the challan, you have to contact the traffic police helpline number and explain the scenario.
- Also, you can send an email to the traffic police stating the complain.
- Once the department verification gets done, your challan will be cancelled.
- You won’t be charged any fees for cancelling the challan.
- The traffic police will also share a format through a medium in which a procedure has been used to file a complaint if a person has received the wrong challan.
E Challan Fake Site
There are numerous fake sites around the web which is pretending to be the official website of e challan. You must be very careful while you pay the challan. Please note that the fake website looks exactly the original one. Also, the fake sites use similar URL like the official website, which looks like the official website of E challan. We request you to be careful while making payment and take necessary action immediately related to the fake website like filing and FIR.
We hope, you are provided with all the information related to E Challan Status. If you find this article beneficial then show your support by bookmarking our website. Also post your queries related to E Challan Status in the comment.