The Government of West Bengal has started a scholarship program named Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2022 to provide educational opportunities to the students in the state. Today here in this article, we will be discussing about Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2022, Registration Procedure, Login, Scholarship Objective, Required Documents, eligibility criteria and amount. Also, we will be guiding you with step-by-step Bikash Bhavan application procedure. So read this article from beginning to end.
Overview of Bikash Bhavan Scholarship
|Scholarship Name||Bikash Bhavan Scholarship|
|Started by||West Bengal Government|
|Objective||To provide scholarships|
|Benefits||Students will get scholarship to continue education|
|Beneficiaries||Students who are pursuing class XI, XII, graduation, postgraduate, and doctoral|
|Category||West Bengal Govt Scheme|
WB Bikash Bhavan Scheme 2022
Under the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship, students belonging to economically weaker section category in the state will be provided with financial assistance. Those students who are in their class 11 to the Doctoral level in the state of West Bengal can apply and get benefits of the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship and pursue their higher education.
The main objective of this scholarship scheme is to decrease the dropout rate in the state thereby by enhancing the future of students in West Bengal. Interested applicant in the state can apply for the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2022 online have to visit Department of Higher Education West Bengal official website at https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/
Bikash Bhavan Scheme Objective
Many students are not able to do higher due to poor financial condition. This ultimately increases the dropout rate. To assist students, various initiatives have been taken by the Government of West Bengal. In this way, the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship has been started to provide financial assistance to students who belong to economically weaker section.
This scholarship is available for students who are willing to do education at the class eleventh class twelfth undergraduate or postgraduate and doctoral level. The main motive of launching this scholarship scheme is to reduce the dropout rate of the children due to the lack of financial funds.
|First date to apply||7th October 2021|
|Last date to apply||15 February 2022|
Note – The above date varies based on the situation or as for the norms given by the concerned authorities
Courses in Bikash Bhavan Scholarship
The following are the courses that are available under this scholarship scheme.
|Directorate of School Education||Higher Secondary|
|Directorate of Madrasah Education||Higher Madrasah|
|Directorate of public instruction for general category courses||Undergraduate in Arts Undergraduate in commerce Undergraduate in science Undergraduate in other professional courses Post graduation in Arts Postgraduate in commerce Post graduation in science Post graduation in other professional courses Non net M.Phil non-net PhD|
|Technical Education at colleges||Undergraduate in Engineering Postgraduate in engineering Other professional courses|
|Directorate of technical education and training||Undergraduate|
|Directorate of Medical Education||Undergraduate in medical diploma courses|
Scholarship amount under Bikash Bhavan Scholarship
You will get the scholarship amount according to the courses below
|Non- Net MPhil||Rs. 5,000 per month|
|Non- Net Ph. D||Rs. 8,000 per month|
|Post graduate in Arts||Rs. 2,000 per month|
|Commerce (PG)||Rs. 2,000 per month|
|Post graduate in science||Rs. 2,500 per month|
|Post-graduation in other UGC approved for professional courses||Rs. 2,500 per month|
|Undergraduate in Arts||Rs. 1,000 per month|
|Commerce (UG)||Rs. 1,000 per month|
|Diploma courses (UG)||Rs. 1,500 per month|
|Medical course (UG)||Rs. 5,000 per month|
|Polytechnic (UG)||Rs. 1,500 per month|
|Science (UG)||Rs. 1,500 per month|
|UG in Postgraduate in AICTE approved Engineering or other professional courses||Rs. 5,000 per month|
|Undergraduate in other UGC approved professional courses||Rs. 1,500 per month|
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Selection Criteria
The Selection Criteria for this scholarship are as follows
- Scholarship applications received under Bikash Bhavan will be sorted in descending order according to the marks.
- Based on the availability of the required documents submit by the candidate, the merit list will be made.
- After this, scholarship amount will be distributed by the concerned authority
- Incase of any suspect or false information submitted, amount must be refunded immediately
- Also, you will be barred from applying any government scholarships in future if you produce false information.
- According to the legal action also be taken against the candidate.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
You need to fulfil these eligibility criteria mentioned below to avail the benefit under Bikash Bhavan Scholarship
General Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must be a resident of West Bengal State.
- Candidate must be their post madhyamik level or above class 11-12 undergraduate or postgraduate doctor level AT institution in the state.
- Applicant should have passed out from a state board the council of Secondary and Higher Education
- Family income of the applicant must be below Rs. 2.5 lakh per annum
Specific Eligibility Criteria
|Higher Secondary Level||Candidate must have cleared the madhyamik pariksha and secured at least 70% of marks. Also, he/she must belong to the West Bengal state to get eligible under this scholarship.|
|Diploma/ Polytechnic Level||An applicant should have cleared the madhyamik pariksha with at least 75% of marks Also he/she must have cleared the higher secondary examination or second-year diploma course in modern office practice with 75% marks|
|Undergraduate Level||The applicant must have cleared the higher secondary examination madarsa Shiksha Pariksha with 75% marks|
|Post graduate level||An applicant must have graduated with honours and received a 55 percent on the last qualifying examination. The candidate must have completed a bachelor’s degree in engineering with a minimum of 55 percent on the last qualifying examination.|
|Kanyashree applicant||An applicant must have a valid K2 ID An applicant must be enrolled in post-secondary courses in Arts, Science, or Commerce. Applicants must have received a graduation grade of 45 percent or above.|
|MPhil/ Non-Net/ NET LS research fellow applicants||A Ph.D. or MPhil degree from a state-funded university is required of applicants.|
You need to have the following documents while applying for the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship
- Aadhar card
- Income certificate (Copy)
- Marksheet of last qualifying exam
- Domicile certificate
- Income affidavit (Copy)
- Passport size photograph
- Bank account passbook
- Institute verification form
Documents Required for Renewal Application
While renewing your Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Application, you need to have the following documents below
- For UG applicants, you need to have your first and second semester marksheet.
- 3rd and 4th semester marksheet of UG applicants
- For PG applicants, you need to have your first and second semester marksheet.
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Application Procedure
Follow these procedure given below to apply for the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship online
- First, you have to go to Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship official website.
- Once you see the home page on your screen, click on “Registration” option.
- After this, a new page will open in front of you, here tick the declaration mark and then hit “Proceed” button.
- Now, you will see a registration form, fill in all information asked in this form.
- Once you are done, verify all the information entered and then click on “Register” button.
- After successful registration, login to the portal with your credentials.
- Now, click on “Apply For Scholarship” option.
- A registration form will open where you have to fill all information.
- Now, attach all the required documents asked in the form and then click on “Submit” button.
- In this way, you will apply for Bikash Bhavan Scholarship online.
How to renew Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Online?
Follow these below steps to renew your Bikash Bhavan Scholarship online,
- First, you have to visit Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship official website.
- Once the home page open, click on “Login” button.
- After this, click on “Renew Application” option.
- Now, the renewal form will open, here you have to fill in all information asked.
- Also attach all the documents asked and then finally click “Submit” button.
- In this way, you will complete the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship renewal process.
Applicant Login Process
- For applicant login, go to official website for scholarship program.
- On the home page, you have to click on “Applicant Login“
- After this, the login form will open, here you have to enter username and password.
- Now, hit “Login” button and you will be logged in.
Follow these procedure below to Submit Grievance
- First, go to official web portal for this scholarship program.
- Once the home page open, click on “Register Grievance“
- After this, a new page will open, here click on the option “Registered Applicant” if you have registered already.
- If you are not a registered user then click on “Not Registered Applicant” option.
- Now, login using your details and then submit your grievance by clicking on “Submit” option.
- First, visit the official website of scholarship scheme.
- Once you see the home page, click on “Administrator Login” option.
- After this, a new page will open, here click on “User Type“
- Now, fill in username and password in the given space.
- Finally, click on “Login” button.
Follow these below steps to login to Helpdesk
- First, go to official website for this scholarship program.
- Once the home page open, click on “Helpdesk” option.
- After this, Helpdesk Login page with an application form opens.
- In this page, fill in your username and password in the space provided.
- Finally, click on “Login” button.
Also Read: Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2022 Apply Online, Eligibility, Renewal
If you have any queries related to Bikash Bhavan Scholarship, you can reach out to the details given below
Helpline Number: 18001028014
Email ID: [email protected]